65% The Equalizer Sep 26

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Angustia (Anguish) Reviews

Dr Blood

August 5, 2007
It may be that I just don't like Zelda Rubinstein all that much as, considering that it is basically just another low-budget slasher, this tries really hard to be an original and stylish film. The acting is more hit and miss than some people would have you believe though and the story itself is disjointed with a stupid ending.
It's also a little bit too arty in places even if there are a couple of nicely done gory moments.
Sylvester K

June 25, 2012
Seriously!!! One of the most frightening slashers ever, I loved the unique storytelling and the brilliant camera shots. The film taken place in a movie theatre playing a story about a serial killer who carves out people's eyes, and at the same time a real serial killer is on the loose. The realistic setting gave me lots of chill. A must watch.
shitfaced8
shitfaced8

October 16, 2011
Definently enjoyed this 'movie within a movie' '88 Horror Film from Spain. Stars Zelda Rubinstein (that weird looking lady from the poltergeist.) Plenty of trippy scary shit freak out sequences. I thought the gore was really well done. Realistic looking enough for the most part, with only a few exceptions. Some might find the movie within a movie angle to get wearisome and confusing (both movies end up in a movie theatre and similar events go down there) but I actually enjoyed it though it took a little bit for me to get into it. Doesn't break the fourth wall so much as it destroys it, really. Still good times for sure for Horror Fans looking for something a little different. Class Art House Horror for sure.
March 20, 2013
Really enjoyable meta horror, worth a look for sure, and if you can go in cold all the better, as there's some reveals that most people end up mentioning in their reviews that may add to your enjoyment if you can avoid them.

Worth a rental at the very least.
November 1, 2009
The movie within a movie is actually very well done, just as well done as main story, which makes things a little confusing. It is very creepy all the way to the end, even after you know what is going on
engrymfilm
November 1, 2009
Incredibly executed plot line, on the surface similar to Demons but a lot more sophisticated and not a slasher
July 11, 2014
Not always plausible, but clever enough.
October 6, 2013
Almost a complete waste of time, resources, and slots in the movie theatre's playlist. I could barely sit through this terrible excuse of a film. I wouldn't share it. I'd rather shave off my own eyebrows than watch this again.
Ehren
July 25, 2013
Recently saw a 35mm print of this and loved it! Went out immediately and bought the dvd. Underrated and rewatchable. Check it out.
July 10, 2012
la idea es buenísima pero es más para un corto
Sylvester K