Angus

Angus Reviews

LWOODS04
LWOODS04

September 1, 2009
I think this movie is really funny. Love the quirkiness of the friendship.
Michael S

February 9, 2008
Great childhood favorite.
puffchunk
puffchunk

November 30, 2007
Don't remember much about it. Not great for sure.

November 8, 2011
Summary:
A fat, socially awkward, good-at-science kid and his story of getting the girl of his dreams to at the very least, notice him. Sounds typical, right? Well this one is good.

The Good:
The characters, Angus in particular, is actually interesting and someone you can actually care about. I also liked how the pushed the idea that no one is normal, and I love some of the things that Angus says. Very witty. Good soundtrack too.

The Bad:
It kind of follows the same formula for these type of movies but I feel that this one is different in a way.

Ratings:
Overall: 8/10
iLeo
iLeo

December 25, 2007
My absolute favorite movie! Loved the music!!
August 11, 2011
"Angus" is a movie from my childhood that struck all the right chords for me. The relationships between the characters are really genuine and heartfelt. The film carries a lot of weight with its message, and it's a very relatable story.

Angus is a "fat kid" and is ridiculed at his school by Rick Sanford... who hasn't been bullied before? That's exactly why this movie works!

It's full of awkward laughs, quirky wit and dialogue and it's all wrapped up nicely with a 90s soundtrack, what's not to like here? Recommended.
santasgift73
January 14, 2010
a great comin of age film.Funny with just enough heart without being overly mushy.For preteen n up though
June 28, 2008
I thought this movie was great as a kid. I haven't revisited it since. All i remember is Green Day was on the soundtrack...
anotherwhitemeat
March 2, 2008
It's funny how movies can remind you of a time or place or even feelings. I can honestly say the only reason I watched this movie was because I felt obligated after wearing the soundtrack thin. I'm pretty sure I would watch it again just to hear 'You Gave Your Love to Me Softly."
anwart42k3
January 27, 2008
i loved this movie after highschool i know the trouble of being overweight and falling for the it gurl in school
maxpowerhjays
October 16, 2007
this movie was ok not especially great but im not sure that they expected any oscar buzz when it came out any way
voicemonkey
October 25, 2007
For anyone who was ever a fat kid (or felt like one). Pretty much perfect across the board and hardly seen by anybody.
rjt
January 13, 2007
Great movie about standing up for what you believe---and not letting the bullies bully you! Angus has a great attitude!
skelterhelter
January 3, 2007
I can't find this movie ANYWHERE! It takes me back to 1995, man. This was my favorite movie as a pre-teen. I cried, I laughed...it was a well-done, touching movie.
nanoqna
January 2, 2007
this movie is about high school. its one of my favorite movis and im not tired of it yet! this is the most dramatic high school movie i ever saw. angus wants to be more like the popular guy but he learns he needs to be himself. hes nominated to be winter king. this movie is all about humor and people. have fun with it!
oasis17rocks
September 25, 2006
it has a lot of heart
i love the frindship in this film
and the family
it is kina corny and it gave me more of an effect when i watched it as a kid but it is still one of my favorate movies
Robyn M.
August 3, 2012
Movie with Heart, compasion and estrange humor.
When Angus is outcast because of his weight he's constantly the butt of jokes. His bestfriend is like a turtle hiding under his shell when hell breaks loose. Angus is a dreamer and inspires us all to stand up for what you are, People can truly be cruel Angus welcomes us to his life. This movie really is about skin deep personalitys.
January 1, 2012
Great Movie, this is proof critics above have their heads up their Bethune. I think this movie tells a great underdog story about the nerd who fights back. Most underdog stories end in conformity, Angus does not. If you yourself were a bully or mean to your peers, this movie will make you glad that an Angus was not in your school, If you were a geek, nerd, or just didn't fit in, you would have wished this kid was sitting at your lunch table. Great Film (for the right audience).

November 8, 2011