93% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Après vous (After You) Reviews

Anthony L

May 3, 2013
Après vous is entertaining enough but is mainly carried by it's two main leads, Daniel Auteuil and José Garcia. I felt it started better than it ended though, as it lost pace and energy towards the end and I can't say I was a fan of the conclusion. However, it was quite funny and farcical and you can't beat a good French farce. It is possible the one time I'll say this but maybe an American remake wouldn't be such a bad thing!
Cynthia S

March 25, 2011
Quirky. Cute. Well done..but as an admirer of French films, and particularly those starring Daniel Auteuil, I found Apres Vous to be a bit of a disappointment. The film has funny moments, but not hilarious moments. The premise of the story seemed ripe for both non-stop laughs and great character development--neither is really accomplished. Not a bad movie at all, just left me a little unsatisfied by the end.
terris85017
terris85017

March 22, 2007
(June 2005 director Pierre Salvadori) Saw this movie as a treat--read NO reviews on it! Apres Vous means "After You!" French movie w/ English subtitles! MUCH FUNNIER THAN PINK PANTHER FOR EXAMPLE!! (Garcon) Antoine stumbles upon a man as he is hanging himself (Louis) Attempts to free him from his demons....over a lost love! Great restaurant scenes! Surprising lots of laughs! Good acting!! IN SPOKEN FRENCH WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES To tell you much more would be to give away the plot...much time is spent in this film in a florist shop!! LOL
January 23, 2008
Charming movie. Well acted. At times you feel that Antoine is getting what he deserves for being "too nice" in helping Louis. Perhaps unintentional, but Louis may have had a point when saying that Antoine is being selfish. What are the true intentions of Antoine for helping out so much. Yes, he's a nice guy, but is he doing it to make up for something lacking or missing in his own life? Anyway, ending was a little predictable but I thought it was original how it ended up that way.
March 20, 2014
Funny and perfectly charming. Love Daniel Auteuil!
Carlo C.
July 29, 2011
Divertidísima comedia, en la que un esquizofrénico y un ayudador compulsivo y una mujer de la que están enamorados los dos generan una cinta de lo más entretenido que he visto. Aunque no la encontrarás tan fácilmente pues es francesa y data de 2003, vale la pena buscarla y verla.
James McDermid
April 27, 2010
Whilst Apres Vous is fun, it's hard to fathom why one man would go to such lengths to retain the happiness of a suicidal stranger and it's this that turns the film into a bit of a bore. At times, it's funny, well acted and reassuringly French but the frustrating and tiresome storyline means it loses its direction early on and never quite recovers.
bogdana
May 25, 2006
I sort of tried to enjoyed this movie, however lulling some of the parts may be. I have a great slow Fast Forward button that lets me read the subtitles and the film can go by in twice the time if I feel like its not really getting anywhere.
I feel there could have been more witty humor intertwined, maybe some funnier lines for especially Louis. They didn't take this movie to the level it could have gone. Nevertheless, they build a lot of nervousness up, and its exciting in some parts to watch these men following their hearts around. Blanche has a way of making a man forget why he was in the flower shop in the first place, it seems. I think this is classic 'putting the pussy on a pedestal' (40 yo virgin in case you're wondering) but it was somewhat believable, because, hey, they're French and work at a swanky French restaurant.
I don't know if Christine's character was purposefully 2D so that we wouldn't miss her when she leaves Antoine, or if that was just laziness on the writer's part. I didn't care that she left, so I'm assuming that's on purpose.
The only question I have, is, did Louis go to the park to hang himself at the end?
samurai2347
January 22, 2006
[color=#000000]I enjoy foreign films and French cinema has always been a top favorite. [b][i]Bon Voyage[/i][/b] was a great comedy, thriller, and drama all rolled into one. The acting was top quality and some very rememberable characters. It was a story set during World War 2 and involves Heavy Water which would be used to make an atomic bomb. There were love triangles, double crosses, and some real exciting moments in the film. It is a film to check out.[/color]

[font='Times New Roman'][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000000][i][b]Apres Vous[/b][/i] was another French comedy film. There were no surprises with the story or the outcome, but it was amusing and fun. I had not seen these actors in anything before but it was a joy watching them interact. The two main guys really did well playing off of each other. If there had been some interesting twists this would have been a great film to add to my personal DVD collection.[/color][/size][/font][/font]
MonkeyKnifeFight
July 28, 2005
what a waste of money.. an TIME. I couldnt stop looking at my watch, It was sooo slow. Sonya was able to predict EVERYTHING that was going to happen. It was [i]that[/i] cliche. Yes, it was funny, but it really wasnt worth seeing. your life will not change if you see this movie.

I liked the open credits, though. The little penguins......... yup. thats all.
matchboxforever
July 27, 2005
So uh, I was really excited for this movie. I had read about it and thought it looked really cute.

Yeah, pretty much I want my money back.

This was AWFUL. I mean, it did have a few moments...I laughed a few times...maybe two...times.

I predicted the entire effing film. I leaned over to Rachel and said things like, "I bet she shows up to the restaurant" or "The shit's gonna hit the fan now!" and I was so dead on. I mean, so predictable it was ridiculous!

And the whole idea was just dumb...and it was so damn long. I couldn't wait for it to end!

No wonder it was only me, Rachel, a couple old dudes, a couple old ladies, and one couple in the theatre. We're apparently the only 8 people in the world who weren't aware this movie BLOWS.

...the Crest needs to get some new movies, stat.
coconorma
June 7, 2005
I took my sister to see [I]The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants[/i] so I wouldn't feel too, well, unmanly, so I made it seem like I [I]had[/i] to take her. For her sake, you know? The reviews were just too good for me to pass up! Even with her, I felt really out of place. There were very few guys in the auditorium, so really, towards the end, I'm sitting in a theatre with tears rolling out of my eyes surrounded by a bunch of crying women. Fun stuff. So anyway, [I]The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants[/i] is about a group of four young women, who each go in different paths for a summer, and share a pair of jeans that somehow fits each of them perfectly for the summer. One goes to Greece, one to Mexico to play soccer, one to see her father a few states away, and the last one stays at home to make a documentary. The acting by most everyone is amazing, and all are equally beautiful. So if you're a guy, girl, both, neither, whatever, check [I]The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants[/i] out. It's a great story with characters that no matter who you are, you can relate to in some way or another.

[I]Apres Vous[/i] is a delightful French comedy about Antoine, who rescues Louis from hanging himself in a park one night, and feels obligated to help him get his life back together. To do this, he gives him a place to stay, helps him get a job, and finds the love of his life and tries to get them back together. Antoine's a good man, but nothing seems to go right in his quest to help poor Louis out. [I]Apres Vous[/i]'s a really funny film, although kind of slow at spots. The actors are all great, and the chemistry between all the leads, including the love interest, Blanche, is even better.