63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

The Second Arrival Reviews

jim222001us
jim222001us

August 30, 2007
I would rather have just seen a sequel with Charlie Sheen. He did some other movies for HBO so I don't know why they couldn't get him for this. Instead they lamely just say he was killed by aliens and a relative of his character that was never mentioned in the original is in it instead. Just check out the original movie!
April 4, 2012
Ooooh, bad, just uh, bad! You know it's bad when they can't get enough extras to populate the background of a major city.
Ken D

March 21, 2009
A very poor movie from a decent sequel. This movie fails so badly where the first one succeeded. Bad acting with very bad dialogue. This had a couple of nice eye candy scenes, but that was all. Pretty much a total waste.
January 4, 2008
The original was very good, dare I say excellent, and they come out with this piece of shit... What a pathetic waste!
September 23, 2007
Charlie Sheen didn't touch
this sequel
because it didn't even meet his meager standards. 2 hours of your life, gone forever.
September 7, 2013
why did they make this movie why
April 9, 2013
This film is sequel abuse. It's so unimaginative and a joy kill to the original that it should have never even been produced.
Darth Caedus
July 28, 2010
Let me start off by saying, this is NOT as bad as everyone says! With that said.... it's still crap

Summary:

Zane is DEAD! The media reports he died of a supposed "heart attack". Wisely however, before his death he decided to send all his information on the secret alien terraforming of the planet, to a group of people he believed would carry the torch if he were to perish. One of the persons he sends it too is his brother Jack. Jack is not quite as intelligent as Zane and seems to have a chip on his shoulder. At first Jack is in denial of the alien invasion, and is reluctant to take any action in the plan to expose the terraforming of earth. However, when the rest of the people that were supposed to help expose the terraforming secret and save the planet are killed by the aliens, it is up to Jack and a reporter named Bridget Riordan to help expose the truth about the impending destruction of human life on earth.

The Good:

This was nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be! The original was a "B" movie by ALL standards, and this one follows in it's footsteps. The story is quite interesting as was the story in the first movie. If you watch this movie for any reason it would be to see the story of the original advanced.

The lead actor Patrick Muldoon surprised me with his acting. By no means was it "great" but for a cheap "B" movie sequel he definitely surpassed my expectations!

The special effects were surprisingly well done! Most of it is CGI, but for a 1998 low budget movie, it was more then you could ask for! The aliens and their gadgets look just as good here as they did in the original.

The Bad:

Ok, there is a lot BAD to say about this movie!

First of all, while I mentioned the story was interesting, it was definitely poorly told. It jumps from one non-sensical scene to the next. The amount of times our heroes escape from the "bad" guys with out a scratch or even a chase is RIDICULOUS. This movie features some of the laziest police officers the world has ever seen! They chase our heroes on foot, but as soon as they jump into a vehicle, it's over! Literally there was several scenes where it shows them begin chased, they jump into a car and thats it, no one ever goes after them and the movie simply moves on! PREPOSTEROUS! The vast amount of unintelligence is brain numbing. I think the likes of zombies and DR. Frankensteins creature would have their intelligence insulted by this film. Oh and don't get me started on the cliches! From forced romances, to predictable twist's, this film had them ALL!

The acting was ATROCIOUS! The "bad" guys tried so hard to be monotone and unexpressive that they looked silly. The good guys tried so hard to be funny that they looked like morons! Overall, even for a "B" movie the acting was pretty lame.

Out of everything that was wrong with the movie the biggest fault was poor execution! The movie had like half a dozen "twists". Some of them wouldn't have been half bad if the director would've known what the hell he was doing! It goes from failed action scene, to failed comedy scene, to failed horror scene, to failed chase scene, to failed "twist" scene. The amount of failed scenes is unprecedented! Everything happens too fast and too awkward. The way the movie is directed makes you feel extremely distant from the characters and their situation. This is what ultimately finishes ruining a movie like this.

Overall:

The concept and story are interesting, the lead actor can be charming at times, and the special effects look great for it's time. Unfortunately, the story is poorly told, there are one too many nonsensical and preposterous scenes, the acting is terrible, and the cliche count is high. The overall feeling is that the film wasted it's potential due to failed execution and poor direction.
david d.
March 2, 2010
I think other are being a little too critical. As a sequel, it not bad. It's fast paced and has a reasonable good story.
commish_guy
May 14, 2006
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkgreen]Wow! I really liked the Arrival so this was a big disappointment. Bad acting, bad writing and really bad directing. You know what though, any alien taking over the world story is interesting LOL.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
jazza923
May 3, 2005
COMPLETELY NEEDLESS AND VERY CHEAPLY DONE SEQUEL. IT NEVER EVEN MADE IT TO THE TEATERS, IT WENT DIRECTLY TO VIDEO. SOME OKAY SPECIAL EFFECTS, BUT THAT IS ABOUT IT.