At Sword's Point - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

At Sword's Point Reviews

June 14, 2015
One of my favorites from the old Pittsburgh's The Early Show. They layer all the old classics and were on at 4:00 p.m. everyday when we got home from school. A classic adventure flick, as most of them were, and one we'd watch whenever it was on. It just seemed to get better and better with each viewing.
November 2, 2014
Decent reimagining of the Three Musketeers legend - all overplayed of course in true sound stage swashbuckling fashion.
½ March 4, 2013
A.K.A: Sons of the Musketeers. I once read that it's 'impossible to make a bad Musketeer film' clearly the man behind that nugget had never seen this addition to the cinematic legacy of Dumas' characters. Concerning itself with the sons and daughter of the original Musketeers who face yet another threat to the stability of France, this is a woeful piece of cinema.

Featuring more thigh/back slapping and head back uproarious laughter towards the sky than a panto, truly awful choreography and a distinct lack of respect for an audiences ability to tell the difference between location and stage shooting, not to mention a total disregard for coherent editing and continuity.

If it weren't for Maureen O'Hara's presence in the cast list I doubt this would even get an honourable mention in the Musketeer filmic canon, still its a damn sight better than the Paul W.S. Anderson version but that's not saying much.
½ January 28, 2013
sequel of sorts 2 'the 3 musketeers'
July 3, 2008
Maureen O'Hara rocked in this moive, Nice Fencing.. The Plot was entertaining as well.
½ October 13, 2008
The performance and story of this film was fun to watch, the way the characters conducted themselves through out the film was very easy on the eye, and all characters were likeable.
Maureen O'Hara's role was very much the influence of this film, the tom boy character she plays was very easy to watch and made a difference to this film and of course to the set of characters.
A fun enjoyable film.
July 3, 2008
O'Hara was great in this movie, the plot was very entertaining.
½ October 17, 2007
I used to watch this movie a lot when I was younger. I haven't seen it in a while, but I really do like it. I just don't have it. Sad. I also used to love The Black Shield of Falworth, which didn't even make it into the move list, but if you like this movie, you would probably like that one.
June 14, 2007
i really enjoy this film. it's great to see a woman with a sword for a change.