Babes on Broadway Reviews

½ April 14, 2010
August 13, 2009
This little musical made me smile and laugh...that says a lot. Judy Garland..superb, Mickey Rooney..hilarious. This was GOOD!
April 18, 2014
Possibly Garland & Rooney's most elaborate musical together; overlong and overly sentimental, but the score includes the Oscar-nominated "How About You?"
November 7, 2010
Definitely the best of the Rooney/Garland series. 15 minute long minstrel show at the end was uncomfortable to sit through.
½ March 2, 2005
73/100. Great fun, Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland are so much fun to watch. The highlight is Mickey Rooney imitating Carmen Miranda! It is hysterically funny and a must see. Great musical numbers and of course Judy Garland's magnificent voice would enhance any film. Great score, well written. It's a little overlong but I was never bored.
April 13, 2004
[font=Courier New]When I say this movie is "happy", I really do mean it. You can't get any better with a movie directed by Berkley with Gershwin songs starring that wonderful duo Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney! This films stays true to the stereotypical Judy-Mickey musical; a bunch of "babes" trying to get on "Broadway". (pun intended) Charming, fun, filled with stuck-in-your-head-forever songs, and extremely elaborate dances. Judy and Mickey make an awesome team, though in the film they were both romantically attatched to other people. This movie is easy to watch and lacks the stress and tension that other films possess. There are no car chases, murders, skinny women in miniskirts, or guns; but this movie remains one of the most entertaining films to watch! I recommed it for people who have never seen a Judy/Mickey film or musical and want to get a taste of what it is like![/font]