Babylon 5: The Gathering - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Babylon 5: The Gathering Reviews

June 18, 2011
Rented this to see the pilot. Having watched the show evolve over time, I was surprised to see this was so bad. Hard to believe a series was made based on this. The acting is so stiff; couple that with awkward dialogue, and this is almost unwatchable. For diehard Babylon 5 fans only. And don't watch this first or it may turn you off from watching the latter shows which are extremely good science fiction.
½ January 27, 2011
I don't mind the bad acting, cheesy effects, and awful CGI, but this series is so ridiculously preachy that it turns my stomach. Effete 90s "political correctness" oozes out of every plotline like melted mozzarella off a pizza. Might as well call this series: "Series of Sermons for the Liberal Soul: A Collection of Parables."
½ November 27, 2006
though a separate movie and not part of the first season, this is basically the piolet of the whole 5 season show. well worth watching
October 1, 2007
The pilot to B5, a little different from the actual series that followed but overall a worthy start to the greatest sci-fi space opera.
February 28, 2007
"The Gathering", great 2 hour TV movie which is the pilot for "Babylon 5". Great way to start up a great science fiction TV series.
August 23, 2015
this is how it all began
August 8, 2007
Def want to see this . . . So I can begin my journey thru Babylon 5!
½ April 24, 2014
Pretty goofy. Wish they had used models instead of 90's CGI...
August 23, 2012
The Movie that started it all, if you liked the series. this is a must see and a must buy
July 23, 2012
So retro. My fond memories of Babylon 5 fizzled away by re-watching the pilot episode.
June 18, 2011
½ May 7, 2011
B5 only really took off later, but the elements of success and a hooking storyline are already emerging in this pilot for the 5-year saga. One of my all time favorites, Babylon 5 is THE must-see for all sci-fi buffs!
½ January 27, 2011
April 27, 2010
There is a germ of a compelling story here that kept me watching in spite of the howlingly awful effects and acting that is occasionally even worse.
½ April 20, 2010
Hee Haw!!!!!!!!!HaW!!!!
½ December 28, 2009
great story and a promising introduction to probably the greatest sci-fi story ever told
½ December 28, 2009
September 27, 2008
Basically just an extended version of the pilot. Though this came first.
December 8, 2009
Ok, but not the strongest possible start for such great series. I'm glad they made some changes before series begun.
½ December 2, 2009