Back to the Beach - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Beach Reviews

March 15, 2006
I saw this in the theatre and now I have Aids.
March 20, 2013
Back to the Beach was something that I thought was pretty awesome as a kid. It sucks in modern times but remains a curiosity from the 80's as how did a major studio put out a beach movie filled with stale baby boomer appearances and relying on the power of Frankie and Annette? Yes beach party movies can be fun and way entertaining but not really here. Aside from the great Pee-Wee doing Surfin Bird this is pretty much a dud
½ May 31, 2008
When a couple decide to visit their daughter at their old beach resort, trouble and mayhem follow them at every turn. An updated 80's version of the old "Beach" movies from the 60's brings out an all star cast with a few great songs. Fans of the cast make this cult classic a must see and own!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 3, 2008
How do you rate this kind of movie? Of course it is low budget and all kinds of cheesy, but it accomplishes everything it sets out to do and sure is a fun ride! Any fan of the original Frankie & Annette beach movies will get a kick out of this flashback. Suburban life has made this fun loving couple dull. What could prove a more effective remedy than a trip to LA to visit their grown-up daughter and a stop at all their youthful hangouts? This is not without trouble first. Insert silly music and cameos such as Gilligan and the Skipper, The Beave and Wally, Dick Dale and the Del-Tones, and best of all Pee Wee Herman and you can't go wrong if good, campy fun is what you're looking for!
September 12, 2007
Frankie Avalon and Annete Funicello from the 60s beach movie "Beach Blanket Bingo" return to the beach in 1987.
½ May 18, 2007
Quite simply the cheesiest movie ever filmed. I cannot believe I actually went to a cinema to see this.
February 6, 2007
Can anyone say Eighties?!!
The sad part is I think my parents took me to see this in the movies when I was little. Now I know why I'm so fucked up.
½ July 3, 2006
i used to rent this for every single one of my slumber parties when i was little. AND it is pee wee herman's first appearance in a movie.
February 7, 2016
This movie WAS my childhood. I watched it so many times and I was sure that when I was older I was going to be partying on a beach constantly, probably having slumber parties with my girlfriends and surfing. Didn't exactly turn out that way....
July 2, 2013
Enjoyable homage to the 60's surf movies starring Frankie and Annette, plays along instead of mocking them, just having fun in the sun and giving the audience, a gleeful trip down memory lane.
When burned out Frankie decides to take a vacation with his beautiful and perky wife and his surly punk son, they stop on the way to see there grown up daughter who lives in their old stomping grounds of the beautiful beach. Along the way the couple have a good ole time with pajama parties and crash the scene of their daughter shacked up with a surf bum, they sing and dance and just have fun! Fun movie for all those who love the old days and fondly remember the surf movies for their easy going ways and not for their film plots.
½ September 17, 2012
I would like to see this on netflix
½ June 12, 2012
How can you not like this??? So corny...I LOVE it. Good clean fun, maybe too clean for people who like crap like "The Dictator".
½ September 27, 2010
(*** 1/2): Thumbs Up

Very funny and entertaining. Probably the best of the Beach movies.
February 12, 2008
5.5/10. Cute parody of the beach films of the 1960's, the best part being the numerous stars from that time in the movie. Intentionally corny, but it's good natured fun.