• R, 1 hr. 38 min.

The Banger Sisters Reviews

BEACHBUNNI
BEACHBUNNI

March 25, 2009
love susan sarandon! i think we could all see each other as one of these characters i know i could! this is a fun movie!!
Coxxie M

August 5, 2009
yea right i saw it cause i thought they were called banger sisters for a reason. guess not.
Luke B

June 13, 2008
Two middle aged women teach us lessons in responsibility. Or lessons in having fun and being yourself. Or finding a perfect balance between the two. Whatever they're trying to teach us they do a pretty poor job. Why should I care about these women? From what I gather they used to be right proper slappers. Geoffrey Rush is involved in some sub-plot about a writer planning on killing his father. Weird. I guess this is the female equivalent to Wild Hogs, but then again perhaps these people should stay true to themselves in the first place, or not bitch and moan when they have a family. I don't really care. Still it's well acted and never bad or dull, just very pointless.
Jason S

February 27, 2007
I didn't think that this was very good. It was a little boring.
Yinalí R

August 2, 2007
I loved this movie...
Sunil J

August 12, 2007
Exactly what you'd expect but so fun.
December 3, 2013
Goldie Hawn and Susan Sarandon are ex-groupies who cataloged photos of all the cocks they came across. Brilliant idea, but the execution falls flat. Hawn is an absolute riot as a free spirit who knows her way around a good raunchy line, while Sarandon gets the role of the tight-ass now living unhappily as a wife and mother. Writer-director Bob Doleman turns what could have been hot fun into tepid fluff.
May 29, 2011
Being stuck in their Groupie Past is sadly pathetic, we all have to grow up.I wouldn't be too proud to be called the "Banger Sisters"
jam233
February 12, 2010
A fun movie with a surprisingly effective teaming of Goldie Hawn and Susan Sarandon. The screenplay does have it's share of cliche's, but the story is a good one and the performers are so engaging it's worth watching.
xandiXlizXmackix
March 22, 2009
To think of The Banger Sisters as fresh, funny, or fabulous, it is actually neither of these as it fell short of my first viewing expectations. So that means I didn't like this film.
terris85017
terris85017

March 22, 2009
(2002 Director: Bob Dolman) Was it that 2 of the most adorable 1970's sexy vampy bright starlets co-star in this flick that made it so mmorable? Or the sheer truths presented not so "politically correctly" that make this movie a winner. I believe most everyone can see themself in one of the characters in this movie! Who are you?? Who/What have you become???
January 4, 2009
Goldie Hawn and Susan Sarandon work very well together on The Banger Sisters as opposites. Goldie is the still rebellious free-spirit and Susan is the uptight conformed housewife who in their youth used to be groupies for rock bands in the 60's. Their chemistry works throughout the movie because they truly remind you of how you picture them in real life. Plus, it reminds me of my life in way. Me and my friends used to chase the celebrities in the 80's and 90's, I have moved on and my friends really haven't.

The daughters in the movie were really good, Erika Christensen and Eva Amari (Susan's real life daughter). I can't really complain about the movie much, except for the storyline between Goldie and her hitchhicker friend, but you can tell it was needed bring the two girls together. Over all, this is a good fun comedy without the slapstick.
clarinet719
May 4, 2008
Cute story, but too empty. It seems that as soon as we're introduced to these two characters and their past together, the movie's over! Not that this film is going for a deep meaning, but at least give us a little more narrative! I like what it says in the synopsis on this page: "thinly scripted fluff." P.S. I adore Geoffrey Rush, but he can't pull off the American accent. Goldie Hawn surprised me, though.
fivesnufs
February 28, 2008
I loved this movie. So easy to get caught up in 'life' and lose your real identity. Funny and witty and well acted and written.
calivettech
July 2, 2007
Awesome casting, its rare to see Mr. Rush play a very docile character, but not rare to see him play a stressed-out, muse-less person. I enjoyed him in this romantic comdey and love his american accent! Susan and Goldie are fricken HOT! This was the best pair up that I have seen! Wonderfully funny and touching. It could have had more of Geoffrey...Just a thought...
June 1, 2007
I like this movie two bitches talking about how they use to suck up everyone......thats a classic! Goldie Hawn and Susan Sarandon are two cute old bitches but Susan daughter in that movie looks weird!
May 14, 2007
This was Hilarious. I love the pictures part when they are sitting together looking through boxes. And Susan's daughter is in this! She is funny!
movieloverforlife
April 27, 2007
Very funny. It's about 2 friends, who use to be groupies, get together when they are older and become best friends all over again. Very enjoying movie.
October 6, 2006
A promising premise wasted. I really like these gals too. Its a shame they couldnt have made this more of a hoot.
YourWorstNightmare07
September 7, 2006
Good movie. Both girls were like hella old and gettin into leathery pants....eeewww...but Hawn was just a classic airhead