Bank Shot

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Bank Shot Reviews

AJ V

September 5, 2010
A hilarious bank robbing movie, it's sort of slapstick too. This movie is really fun, I recommend it.

June 12, 2012
In "Bank Shot," Al G. Carp(Sorrell Booke) visits his friend Walter Ballentine(George C. Scott) in prison with a plan for a bank robbery. In return, Ballentine is so impressed with the plan that he pulls off a daring escape the following day with a little help from Eleonora(Joanna Cassidy). Once in Los Angeles, they are joined by Carp's nephew Victor(Bob Balaban, incredibly young), formerly of the FBI, where Ballentine decides that the best way to rob the bank is to steal the entire building.

"Bank Shot" is an often amusing piece of nonsense, that succeeds best when it does not try so hard, crossing the line from the silly to the absurd. I suppose most people would make George C. Scott the straight man here with such a motley circus of characters but Ballentine is as much a nut, no matter how seriously he takes his job; so it works, along with a few masterful shot compositions. In any case, the movie made me laugh and that's the important thing, right?
stallonefan1
April 13, 2010
I enjoyed this movie regardless of some of the negative things said about it.Scott definetely holds it up it wouldnt be nearly as good without him.

June 12, 2012

jazza923
December 4, 2008
Well, it was entertaining, noting great mind you, but well enough done to be watchable. Good cast, nicely edited.