43% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Barabba (Barabbas) Reviews

Lucas M

January 2, 2012
Barabbas is a beautiful work of Fleischer and Quinn. One of the most exciting and terrific Biblical films. Fresh.
June 6, 2011
My Favorite Anthony Quinn Movie.A Biblical Epic that I usually like to see around Easter, he plays Barabba's who is Pardoned instead of Jesus, & how that effects his life & makes him into a Better Man.Bravo
magisterbrodd
March 26, 2010
Anthony Quinn as the notorious Biblical figure, in a tale of the rest of his life after the crucifixion of the Christ. Owned on DVD.
Lucas M

January 2, 2012
April 19, 2014
At first, it seems unlikely that they'd ever make a movie about the guy who was freed instead of Jesus. To be honest, I didn't think that was much you could do with the story of Barabbas. It turns out that the film-makers found a way, but unfortunately, the plot is occasionally hard to follow, and it can sometimes be a little heavy-handed when it comes to religion. Also, I find that the production values on this film are inferior to other epics of this nature. Those problems aside, it's actually a rather entertaining epic with interesting ideas, and an interesting conclusion, all of it bolstered by good performances. Even if it's not as good as other epics from the film's era, but it's still good to watch.
The Critic
May 7, 2012
As a swards and sandal gladiatorial epic, this is a well produced and competently made film with a strong lead in Anthony Quinn and fine support from the lovely Silvana Manngano and handsome Vittorio Gassman. The long running time might detract some, but this unfolding drama of an immoral man finding his faith is well worth a look.
starlett2005
May 1, 2009
I saw the movie [i]Barabbas[/i] on t.v. and I enjoyed watching it. Anthony Quinn gave an amazing performance. While he had moments of gruffness, for the most part he tackled this role as the confused, tormented Barrabas with a great deal of inner work. This movie has a wonderful music score and cinematography. It is also well written and great supporting cast as well. This film is a must-see.
Nastya
June 18, 2005
[font=Fixedsys]What I liked more in this movie is its original idea!!!

Every movie that talks about Jesous has the same story, Its life and of course Its Death.
However , this movie is different!!!It doesn't focus on Jesous,but on the man that was saved from the cross and in a starnged, Barrabas!!! It shows how his life was effected by that fact and how a thief like him turned out, after many tears, to die on the cross for his belief in Him!!!

Do you know what does Barrabas mean in Aramaics???It means the son of the father!!!Can you see how perfectly it was planned!!!Whoever it was choosed to die that day on the cross it will be the Son of the Father!!!!Nice!!!![/font]