Basil Reviews

January 6, 2012
One of my least favorite Jared Leto movies. He was ok in it though his British accent wasn't too believable. The best parts were Jared saying "Well what?" and Christian Slater seeing his "ugly" face and jumping off the nearest cliff. not the best...
June 15, 2011
I have a Thing for Victorian Themed Movies, this one has a few Twists that makes it quite enjoyable.
½ April 20, 2009
I watched this because I've always admired Jared Leto, but wasn't sure what to expect. It turned out to be a really decent story worth watching, though a bit slow-moving and a little soap-operaish.
½ January 12, 2008
Pretty good, heart warming a bout a cruel father who cut sons off because he saw himself in them, and betrayal of a friend.
May 14, 2015
This was like a high school play which probably would have been better written.
½ September 20, 2010
much tragedy.. :( but at least it wasn't a totally sad ending..
realistic though.. show how stupid decisions can completely change people's lives.. people grow old, mature, and not always the way it could had been or they've expected.. but people go on living, finding happiness wherever they can.. that's life.
½ November 23, 2007
This film has such an interesting, dark and vengeful storyline, and it's such a shame the acting lets it down, to the point where Jared Leto's English accent is too hilarious to handle. It's enjoyable for it's quaint charm, but it isn't worth watching unless you have a thing for one of the actors...
February 12, 2011
go to the shit man!! or woman
½ December 29, 2006
Exquisitely made, great costumes and sets, fine art direction, good score and beautiful to look at. The acting is good. But, I found it to be boring as hell and couldn't stay interested in it. Too talky, slow moving and it seemed endless.
February 6, 2006
i loved this movie Jared Leto played a great part in this movie