Battle Circus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Battle Circus Reviews

November 9, 2012
Nothing is for always.

A new nurse joins the military and is sent to Korea during a time of high casualties. She is paired with a surgeon that quickly wants to get in her pants. She falls in love with him but decides to reluctantly date him to a point and draws a line in the sand when he won't open up to her and only appears to be about for sex. Is there a chance to fall in love or will she eventually give into his charm?

"Maybe whiskey is as part of our life as war."

Richard Brooks, director of Fever Pitch, Bite the Bullet, The Professionals, Deadline - USA, and The Catered Affair, delivers Battle Circus. The storyline for this picture was just okay but the character development was fairly solid and the acting was better than average. The cast includes Humphrey Bogart, June Allyson, Keenan Wynn, William Campbell, and Patricia Tiernan.

"You're about to wreck something beautiful."

I generally enjoy Humphrey Bogart pictures and decided to DVR this picture when I found it on Turner Classic Movies (TCM). This film is nothing special overall but does contains some great lines and interactions between characters. This isn't a bad film to watch if you're a fan of Bogart but you're not missing much if you skip it either.

"What are you thinking about?"
"That's good. At least you're not wasting your time."

Grade: C+/B-