Bebe's Kids Reviews

Passenger1986
½ June 9, 2008
So, a film inspired by a comedy stand-up. Too bad the stand-up couldn't be funnier. People say cult classic, I say dark day for the animated world (though with Don Bluth's animation going down the drain, you could argue animation was already in trouble).

In what passes for a plot, our hapless hero Robin (Faizon Love and I have no idea what else he's been in) takes his new girlfriend Jamika (Vanessa Bell Calloway, who I hope has gone on to better things), her son and her friend's three kids out to Fun World for the day (and if that's a real theme park, that's the lamest name yet).

The biggest problem with this film is that it over-exaggerates most of the main characters. The three kids aren't just bratty, they're walking reasons as to why you might not want kids of your own. They're scowling a lot, they act like they'll be punks in the future and why exactly is the baby talking?

And I'm not a big fan of the "antagonist", Dorthea (Myra J), a money-grubbing bitch who wasn't needed when we already have annoying characters to throw popcorn at. And in tow, she has one of the most annoying sidekicks ever in Vivian (Nell Carter), a large woman with nothing worthwhile to contribute who's constantly eating. Ugh. I shudder at the thought of her.

Odd thing is, for being a movie with a lackluster initial box office, it still got a video game. It was on the Super Nintendo and it sucked too. Don't believe me? Well, The Nostalgia Critic agrees with me.

Thankfully, the movie is not too widely available. Means you won't have a chance to see it, though I wonder why you would in the first place.
½ September 7, 2007
Very funny. The animation is great and the jokes are funny. you really get a feel for the comedy of Robin Harris and that's a good thing.
sanjurosamurai
January 22, 2007
funny flick
March 8, 2010
Not as bad as I thought, but not great. I got a few good laughs out of this feature, but I don't think it's special. It is actually pretty offensive at some points. And why in the world are these kid's loose throughout the movie? Our main character and there supposed babysitter are really bad at there job.
December 28, 2010
"Bebe's Kids" rocks!!! I like the line when the kids say "WE DON'T DIE! WE MULTIPLY!" The comedian Robin Harris died before this movie came out, he was a great comedian! "Bebe's Kids" was supposed to be made as a live-action film which he was supposed to star in it. There are dozen parts I like in that cartoon when the four baddies create trouble in a souvenir shop, the kids gather bunch of kids from the part My favorite was they created a pirate ship and have the other kids' parents to jump out of the deck,THAT WAS COOL! My favorite character was PeeWee,the deep-voiced baby whose diaper has never been changed. This movie is half musical also. I would recommend this movie if you want to see out-of-control kids terrorizing adults and want to have fun, "Bebe's Kids" is the movie! If Robin Harris was still alive,he would like this movie.
½ March 10, 2008
One of the best Black entertainment I had ever seen! Not just humour for black folks, but whites as well. Let's put it this way, anyone who can not stand KIDS in general, would LOVE this movie!
March 7, 2007
Now this is a blast from the past. It is a classic, and really funny. I probably first saw it when i was 5 or 6 years old.
November 11, 2006
I liked this movie so much when I was younger. The kids in this movie was horrible, bad, and grown and it was so funny.
September 20, 2006
I really really lovee this movie you'll have to watch the movie to learn more about family values and responsibility!!!
July 24, 2006
Okay so not much of a movie but i use to watch this cartoon all the time. It's ghetto fabulous. haha.
½ July 22, 2015
This film (aimed for African-American audiences, a first at the time), tells the story of a fictional Robin Harris as he takes the titular Bebe's Kids along with Jamika and her child to Funworld. While there are some laughs, and some of the music isn't as bad as it seems, nothing just seems to fit properly. And that includes the poor mix of the storyline intertwined with Robin's mere jokes, the brash, awkward and somewhat cheap animation, the fact that there are unlikeable characters both good and bad, and the fact that the plot just wouldn't work properly for a PG-13 movie, even if it was designed to be a Simpsons or Family Guy plot. Also, at a mere 74 minutes, the movie seems rushed at best.
April 7, 2015
This is one to miss.
April 6, 2015
Loud and uninteresting.....perfect way to ruin movie night.
½ September 8, 2014
It's got some funny jokes and visual gags, but the movie starts to fall apart when it concentrates less on Robin Harris and more on the increasingly absurd shenanigans of Bebe's Kids.
July 27, 2014
Critic reviews: 25% - Audience reviews: 76% - Yep, that sounds about right. This movie is amazing.
May 27, 2014
The first African American animated film offers lots of fun at no expense. The kids may terrorize the amusement park, but they won't terrorize your heart.
March 8, 2013
not bad not good but just plain weird.
November 16, 2013
This is my third movie review. this is actually on of my favorites. The plot is that a comedian named Robin meets a woman named Jamika at a funeral. So he agrees to take her, her son Leon, and her friends kids(LeShawn, Khalil and Pee-wee) to an amusement park called Funworld. the kids run amok and get kidnapped from people from the Matrix. Thanks to Leon's rap they escape. Robin and Jamika become more acquainted until they run into Robin's ex-wife and her friend. Then Robin and his ex-wife have a Yo Mama battle and they leave funworld to go to Las Vegas. Pee-wee unplugs a cord to the whole city and that's where it ends. I have to say... I really likes this movie. The plot is great the kids and robin are funny and the film is just kick ass. I give this film a 95 OUT OF 96. I am Taylor Crain and I say ''Watch this film''.
½ August 3, 2013
Well, this movie is actually not that funny, yet I'd say it has that particular feeling which also characterize every good child animated movie; in a nutshell, the overall atmosphere makes up for the lack of actual humor.
½ March 14, 2013