39% The Other Woman Apr 25

Bebe's Kids Reviews

Passenger1986
Passenger1986

June 9, 2008
So, a film inspired by a comedy stand-up. Too bad the stand-up couldn't be funnier. People say cult classic, I say dark day for the animated world (though with Don Bluth's animation going down the drain, you could argue animation was already in trouble).

In what passes for a plot, our hapless hero Robin (Faizon Love and I have no idea what else he's been in) takes his new girlfriend Jamika (Vanessa Bell Calloway, who I hope has gone on to better things), her son and her friend's three kids out to Fun World for the day (and if that's a real theme park, that's the lamest name yet).

The biggest problem with this film is that it over-exaggerates most of the main characters. The three kids aren't just bratty, they're walking reasons as to why you might not want kids of your own. They're scowling a lot, they act like they'll be punks in the future and why exactly is the baby talking?

And I'm not a big fan of the "antagonist", Dorthea (Myra J), a money-grubbing bitch who wasn't needed when we already have annoying characters to throw popcorn at. And in tow, she has one of the most annoying sidekicks ever in Vivian (Nell Carter), a large woman with nothing worthwhile to contribute who's constantly eating. Ugh. I shudder at the thought of her.

Odd thing is, for being a movie with a lackluster initial box office, it still got a video game. It was on the Super Nintendo and it sucked too. Don't believe me? Well, The Nostalgia Critic agrees with me.

Thankfully, the movie is not too widely available. Means you won't have a chance to see it, though I wonder why you would in the first place.
Jason S

September 7, 2007
Very funny. The animation is great and the jokes are funny. you really get a feel for the comedy of Robin Harris and that's a good thing.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 22, 2007
funny flick
February 12, 2014
Bebe's Kids is the first animated film with an all African-American cast, but this milestone in film doesn't exactly mean this film is good. In fact, I didn't find it very funny or entertaining at all.
The late comedian Robin Harris' stand up comedy acts transform into a feature film about his animated counterpart trying to impress a girl by taking her 3 mischievous kids to the Fun World amusement park. However, Robin's time is a living hell when the kids get into all kinds of wacky escapades, most being pretty dumb.
The film is a different kind of movie, like is it targeted for kids or adults? Some of the jokes are very adult oriented, but the style of the film feels like its style appeals to kids. The film isn't funny and its plot and characters are all unlikable and bland. Bebe's Kids is about as 90s as you get...
March 8, 2010
Not as bad as I thought, but not great. I got a few good laughs out of this feature, but I don't think it's special. It is actually pretty offensive at some points. And why in the world are these kid's loose throughout the movie? Our main character and there supposed babysitter are really bad at there job.
brandankurtis
December 28, 2010
"Bebe's Kids" rocks!!! I like the line when the kids say "WE DON'T DIE! WE MULTIPLY!" The comedian Robin Harris died before this movie came out, he was a great comedian! "Bebe's Kids" was supposed to be made as a live-action film which he was supposed to star in it. There are dozen parts I like in that cartoon when the four baddies create trouble in a souvenir shop, the kids gather bunch of kids from the part My favorite was they created a pirate ship and have the other kids' parents to jump out of the deck,THAT WAS COOL! My favorite character was PeeWee,the deep-voiced baby whose diaper has never been changed. This movie is half musical also. I would recommend this movie if you want to see out-of-control kids terrorizing adults and want to have fun, "Bebe's Kids" is the movie! If Robin Harris was still alive,he would like this movie.
June 7, 2010
Ha! Bebe's Kids. My little sister watched this all the god damn time.

Kids were lost at some point...and...I don't remember anything else about it...

2 stars!
March 10, 2008
One of the best Black entertainment I had ever seen! Not just humour for black folks, but whites as well. Let's put it this way, anyone who can not stand KIDS in general, would LOVE this movie!
brunettebeauty871
March 7, 2007
Now this is a blast from the past. It is a classic, and really funny. I probably first saw it when i was 5 or 6 years old.
dreamyeyez
November 11, 2006
I liked this movie so much when I was younger. The kids in this movie was horrible, bad, and grown and it was so funny.
wcalloway072002
September 20, 2006
I really really lovee this movie you'll have to watch the movie to learn more about family values and responsibility!!!
Mildrad
July 24, 2006
Okay so not much of a movie but i use to watch this cartoon all the time. It's ghetto fabulous. haha.
March 8, 2013
not bad not good but just plain weird.
November 16, 2013
This is my third movie review. this is actually on of my favorites. The plot is that a comedian named Robin meets a woman named Jamika at a funeral. So he agrees to take her, her son Leon, and her friends kids(LeShawn, Khalil and Pee-wee) to an amusement park called Funworld. the kids run amok and get kidnapped from people from the Matrix. Thanks to Leon's rap they escape. Robin and Jamika become more acquainted until they run into Robin's ex-wife and her friend. Then Robin and his ex-wife have a Yo Mama battle and they leave funworld to go to Las Vegas. Pee-wee unplugs a cord to the whole city and that's where it ends. I have to say... I really likes this movie. The plot is great the kids and robin are funny and the film is just kick ass. I give this film a 95 OUT OF 96. I am Taylor Crain and I say ''Watch this film''.
Mike Matenee
August 3, 2013
Well, this movie is actually not that funny, yet I'd say it has that particular feeling which also characterize every good child animated movie; in a nutshell, the overall atmosphere makes up for the lack of actual humor.
March 14, 2013
Eh, I've seen worse.
January 17, 2013
Funny! Cute! Original! Clever!
December 22, 2012
Bebe's Kids is an underrated movie. It's freaken awesome... Tone Lok is in it.
Matthew J.
November 25, 2012
Dull, insulting and ugly 'Bebe's Kids' is a cartoon for no one.
October 28, 2012