Bee Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bee Movie Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
December 11, 2007
its was ok reallly has really funny parts so worth a watch
Directors Cat
½ August 16, 2011
ENOUGH WITH THE METAPHORS AND THE GODAMN PUNS! They made this film so bloody annoying! The animation isn't really anything we've not seen before fro Dreamworks and it's an appauling outing. The main character is just SO IRRITATING and the story is nothing original. It's an instantly forgettable film that is appropriately titled B-MOVIE....
DreamExtractor
½ April 24, 2011
I enjoyed this movie for a few years but as time went by, I realized that it wasn't as good as I thought, it had some good jokes, a horrible and cliche plot, the characters were kinda weird, but I will admit I couldn't have chosen the voice actors any better myself.
September 8, 2007
One of the best Feature length Cartoons in the last few years. It will inevitably be compared to the likes of ?Antz? and ?A Bug?s Life?, but in my opinion, it has a much better storyline to it.

Watch out for the guest appearances, which adults may find comical.

Child or Adult ? A very enjoyable movie.
michael e.
December 22, 2010
its again not the best dreamworks movie but its pretty funny to watch
½ October 3, 2010
Bee Movie is definitely just your typical animated bug flick, but this one offers more gags and story. In my opinio, unlike the film ANTZ, this film was worth making!
July 29, 2010
B
November 1, 2007
Actually a very pleasant surprise after I expected a much more childish movie. Yes, some parts are overly sweet or hopelessly over the top and after the fantastic and hilarious first 20 minutes the movie sometimes feels a little rushed. Still, the images are very beautiful, the bees' first flight into Central Park is just breathtaking, the details, ideas and small jokes in the background are wonderful and guest appearances by Sting, Larry King and Ray Liotta extremely funny. One of the biggest laughs I had at the movies in 2007.
deano
July 31, 2007
This DreamWorks animation about the bees is a lighthearted humour and fun movie.
Jerry Seinfeld, who has taken a lot of pride in writing, producing, acting in, and promoting the movie, does do a very good job voicing the main character. You sometimes feel like these actors doing voices for cartoons are just phoning it in, but Seinfeld gives a surprisingly energetic performance.
Bee Movie tries to entertain kids and adults yet has very little humour for the children, nevertheless a plethora of jokes for the adults?but the cutesy factor becomes a turn-off for the parents. As a matter of fact, Bee Movie could have definitely benefited from edgier material and aiming the film towards an older audience. Jerry Seinfeld has a wonderful story to tell, but the kids would definitely not be interested. Bee Movie involves a major lawsuit, celebrity cameos, hidden humor about actors, and the typical Seinfeld humour that made the comedian a household name back in the 90s. The movie does have its laughs, does indeed contain its moments, but it could have been much better if it didn't try so hard to appeal to the kids.
3niR
½ March 10, 2010
Don't go against the nature!
September 14, 2009
I love the cartoon and Pixar movies, and I see them all. With that said, I consider this to be one of the best of not only the bee hive, but of the whole lot. Miss the show, "Seinfeld."
TomBowler
½ August 2, 2009
a clever concept with some great comedy by jerry seinfeld. really great movie for kids.
November 7, 2007
Another kids computer animated flick and its another let down, for adults anyway. It looks great, as all animated flicks do nowadays, so realistic and beautiful effects. The voice work is also great and really fit the characters. The start is really cool, the imagination involved is impressive, the whole bee hive and how they create and produce the honey is very good and really gets you into the whole idea. All the different jobs on offer for the bee's is funny and the way the nectar collectors are like jet fighter pilots is neat. Its just after that when the main bee falls for a female human and then talks and starts of the whole story line with a sort of romance and then sueing plot..it kinda feels stupid. I think it could have been better going down the Antz route, and thats the other problem, there has been numerous animated bug flicks and this is way late and nothing too special, seven years ago yes but now no. All these animated flicks are overrated these days Im afraid.
November 25, 2008
Kids will like it. I remember a time when CGI cartoons were a big deal and now they pump them out every two weeks.
October 16, 2008
I watched this with my nephew today..

There are not to many diseny movies that come out today that can compare to the classic animations that once used to be an every movie ordeal for Diseny, but Bee Movie, done it's job.

Albert Enstine said if the Honey Bee goes extinct so would the entire human race. This movie does a great job of showing how important Bee's are to our livlihood and proves Albert Enstines point on a level that reaches every person from the youngest kid to the eldest adult. It's a scary reality that we must keep in our minds as Bee's are on the decline more then they ever have been in the past 700million years..

This movie done a great job pointing that out in a comical sort of way.
September 6, 2008
Bee movie is pretty good. An animated flick more for adults than kids.
½ July 20, 2008
Moderately funny outing from Sienfield. Insects world have all been done before, and the jokes of how they live their lives compared to humans and the cartoon similarities are all old hat. The animation is also nothing special and the films climax is also a tired seen it all before ending. The vocal work is quite good though and there are some rather humouress lines but nothing to reccomend it on. Had the film been braver and gone for a complete court room drama/comedy attempt it could have faired better. It's worth noting the previous day I watched the colossal brilliance of Wall-E so this seemed exceptionally bland in its shadow.
gor41
June 28, 2008
Overly calculated 'product' which lacks Pixar's innovation but does have some impressive flight scenes.
October 31, 2007
My favorite thing about this movie is the fact that I recognized the spoofs. Jerry Seinfeld was surprisingly earnest in this performance and you can tell he really wanted this movie to work out well - but sadly it was too frothy and insubstantial to be of any real importance.
mwilliams078
½ June 1, 2008
Bee Movie is such a cute cartoon for the whole family to see. The story of a bee named Barry (voice of Jerry Seinfeld) that wonders into the world in search of more than just working with honey. Barry is very shocked to find that humans are trying to steal all the honey from bee's leaving them with a big shortage....it is a sweet film worth seeing.