Belle Toujours Reviews

½ May 1, 2015
aside from the opening Dvorak performance, this is a beautiful-looking bore. This is as much an homage to Bunuel as Blue Velvet is to Capra.
½ September 11, 2011
clocking in at a short 69 minutes the film opens up saying," a homage to luis bunel" but its more of a sequel of sorts to bunel's "belle du juor" even the lead returns to his role in this but alas catherine denueve is replaced by another very interesting.
August 26, 2012
A poor attempt to make a tribute to the classic drama. Catherine Deneuve was definitely missing in the title role, but she most likely had her reasons to decline her participation. It is good that Oliveira was able to convince Michel Piccoli to reprise the role of Henri Husson. But if I were him, I would hot have made this film without Catherine Deneuve reprising her role of Severine.

The title was chosen smartly - Belle Toujours (A Beauty Forever) as a tribute to Belle De Jour (A Beauty for a Day). Too bad that the director could not move further than that. Nice views of Paris and good music, though.
November 5, 2011
Ah, another great film by Manuel de Oliveira. With the amazing grandpere, Michel Piccoli.
I have nothing to say about this film, except EXQUISITELY BEAUTIFUL.