Best Laid Plans Reviews

July 25, 2007
Good thriller with a lot of twists. Well acted and thouroughly enjoyable.
November 7, 2006
Very well made film.
August 26, 2006
A decent enough thriller. The three leads put in great performances, but it never really takes off or comes to anything more than mildly entertaining. Was really just shoved in with a lot of other disstorted narrative pictures, and really that's all it has going for it.
March 3, 2011
a half decent attempt at a film, was a bit disinterested if i am honest a 6/10.
February 19, 2011
A poor man's The Usual Suspects done with great effect
½ April 25, 2011
Quite possibly one of the most ridiculous plots ever! Besides the young and in-her-prime Reese Witherspoon and the extraordinary Alessandro Nivola, this film is lackluster and not worth the ending.
March 15, 2009
good movie.. lots of twist..
½ June 21, 2006
Kind of a slimy movie
½ April 17, 2011
expected more from the description and that it had a well-known actress in it. slow moving. watched on netflix.
March 21, 2010
Things go wrong for everybody. Need money, get it by crime. Scams and betrayals. They made three endings and the final one passed audience muster since it hinted at a ray of hope to offset the rest of the movie.
½ September 30, 2009
Trash the Crooks Story. Two friends, Nick and Bryce the main Characters. Bryce is accused of Rape and calls Nick for help; Nick arrives to find Rape Victim Tided, Gagged and Bruised; and both begin to argue. Story moves back four months where Nick is late for Father's Funeral and meets Les, a girl. Nick later meets with Father's Lawyer and is advised that there will be no Inheritance as a result of unpaid Income Taxes, then engages in a Love Affair with Les; takes odd jobs for what appears to be for money; then accepts a job to help move some drugs. Nick is later accused of stealing $40,000 by a large Black Man and given till Sunday to make reparations. Bryce shows up and takes Nick to a Mansion he is House Sitting; Nick starts asking questions about the value of the items in the house to make the Reparations Deadline. Later Nick and Bryce are having drinks at a bar, Les walks in and is introduced to Bryce as Kathy, Nick leaves the two alone, and the story moves back to the Hostage Situation. Nick then tells Bryce to kill Kathy/Les, Bryce agrees, then Nick tells Bryce he will do the job. Nick Pretends to kill Les/Kathy, and moves the so called Dead Body to his automobile. As he escapes the Mansion, the Auto is Hijacked by the Black Man looking for reparations, who finds Les/Kathy in the Trunk, and ties and gags her again. Nick arrives and discovers that all these happenings are a grand scheme to steal some Inheritance he was to obtain from his father and in the end, Les and Nick walk away a little bruised up.

Notable Sayings: "I want a Guarantee she won't speak before I let her go," "Your not to bright are you?" "Tic Tok, the mouse ran out of time, you Mother Fucker," "You Die," "Not everything in the World revolves around Fucking," "Shut the Fuck Up," and "Times up Mother Fucker."
January 26, 2009
Wasn't sure about this one, and now that I have seen it I'm still not, I've seen the story line and it's been much worse but it couldbe better.
½ December 1, 2008
This is a very good movie. Reese did a great job and I know this role was a stretch for her since it is so different from her usual roles.
January 31, 2008
Enjoyable movie. In the beginning it is quite confusing... I kept second guessing myself if that was the same girl or not. However, one you figure things at and it reaches its ending the movie is quite interesting.
June 27, 2007
All you want to do when this movie climaxes is do a Homer Simpson "D'oh!" so I guess this movie is pretty good.
June 19, 2015
Decently acted however the story is simply too easy to figure out, ruining any mystery before it gets a chance to build. There are some points that aren't "smack you in the face" but overall this is only a mediocre suspense movie.
½ December 25, 2012
Interesting little thriller with one unexpected twist and good performances. I enjoyed it.
½ November 15, 2012
One of the worst movies of '99.
½ May 19, 2012
underrated film with good performances and some decent twists even if some can be anticipated