Better Than Sex Reviews

November 30, 2006
The story of a one night stand turning into love. Rather amusing erotic comedy with a few very very true observations about sex, orgasms, boys and girls and how long it takes females to get ready to go out.
½ July 1, 2010
A surprisingly good film that looks at the nature of intimacy between two people who have just met. Josh (David Wenham) is a nature photographer, visiting from England where he lives, who winds up in bed with Cin,(Susie Porter) who occasionally creates wedding dresses. They meet at a party and spend the next few days getting to know one another and beginning to share their thoughts and hopes and dreams and their past with one another. Over the course of time, we see them begin to really care about each other. The dialog is unforced and feels so natural, even when, documentary style, the characters are shown speaking to the camera. Rather than distracting, this viewer found the technique to be quite revealing and allowed the viewer to delve into their thought processes. It worked on every level for me. One begins to care deeply for the characters and where they are heading. Beautiful cinematography, a terrific set design and supporting characters who actually support the main story added up to one entertaining film with something to say, and that says it clearly. These are real people dealing with intimacy in an interesting way.
June 8, 2006
haha i probably shouldn't have even seen this movie yet... but i saw it last year... it's very australian, and quite good
½ December 11, 2010
I really liked this film--honest, realistic, sex-positive and, ultimately, romantic.
November 28, 2008
7.5/10. I loved the original and unique approach of the film, it was creative and very appealing. The performances were very natural, the characters were nicely developed. Very well written, imaginatively directed. Definitely a winner.