57% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Beverly Hills Ninja Reviews

Phil H

February 8, 2013
I suppose it was too much to ask to make it through the whole of this film without hearing the songs "Kung Fu Fighting" and "Turning Japanese". Translation, this is probably and predictably the most cliched film you will most likely see...but Farley is the star so we can forgive a bit.

This was the last film that was released whilst Farley was still alive I think, and despite the fact its completely a one joke/gag film its still thoroughly enjoyable. Farley is a ninja, a big fat ninja, a big fat ninja believed to be the prophesied 'great white ninja' and has been raised from birth by a ninja clan in Japan.

The whole obvious gag being of course that he's not the prophesied great ninja (or is he?), nor is he really very good at being a ninja at all. The whole film is pretty close to the classic 'Pink Panther' as Farley goes on a mission to help the stereotypical sexy blonde lady whilst being shadowed by his ninja 'brother' played by D-list actor/martial artist Robin Shou. In other words a bit like 'Inspector Jacques Clouseau' and 'Kato'...well I think so.

As I'm sure many of you can guess this leads to huge amounts of childish visual gags and childish prat falls of epic Farley proportions. Yes we've seen it all before by now with Farley, his quirky rubber faced antics, his slapstick, his surprising agility and his over the top loud outbursts...but dagnabbit it still makes me smile.

Farley may not be to everyone's taste with his extremely simple dumb routine but I for one love it. This setting and concept does add a nice hint of originality to Farley's portfolio even though the whole idea of a spoof martial arts film isn't. All the slapstick does get a tiny bit tiresome towards the end as the same visual jokes are regurgitated but overall its still a nice laugh out loud serving of chop socky action. As usual with Farley...brain is not required.
Lucas M

March 23, 2012
Chris Farley more one time make other silly comedy, but Beverly Hills Ninja doesn't have one single not funny scene and entertaining, something rare in an American comedy movie from 90's. Beverly Hills is not the best movie by Farley, that was a unique and terrific comedian, but definitely isn't the worst and promise all the time great laughs. Fresh.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

October 16, 2011
An average comedy from late comedian Chris Farley. Stupid in every respect, but still lots of fun, Chris Farley delivers yet another silly performance. Beverly Hills Ninja may not be Chris Farley's best effort, but it definitely has good enough moments to make you laugh. He does all his usual antics here, and he definitely knows how to make you laugh. Beverly Hills Cop is not a perfect film, but it has enough good moments to make you laugh and enjoy yourself. Chris Farley was good comedian and he always managed to make me laugh. Beverly Hills Cop isn't his greatest film, but it definitely isn't his worst. There's enough laughs in this film to make this a decent comedy, and despite the fact that it slows down somewhat, there's enough elements to enjoy in this wacky comedy to be entertained. Sadly this would be one of Chris Farley's last film roles, as he would pass away the same year from a drug overdose. Looking back at his short career, he has made quite a few memorable comedy films. Never perfect, but funny enough to uplift your mood. Beverly Hills Ninja is such a film, though not his best, this film has plenty of good, funny elements to deliver you a great time. What do you expect from an eccentric comedian such as Chris Farley? He was unique and watching his films, you'll understand why. Beverly Hills Ninja is a fun comedy with good laughs and has everything you'd expect from a Chris Farley film, however my personal favorite of his, is Tommy Boy.
Alexander D

July 24, 2011
Do you know how uncomfortable I feel watching a quote-unquote "comedy" flick in which the actors A) are never in character and B) are pervasively laughing at their own jokes which C) aren't at all funny? Well, on the uncomfortableness scale of 1 to 10 (10 being extremely uncomfortable, 1 being extremely comfortable), I was at around a 9.75 watching BEVERLY HILLS NINJA. No joke. I did not laugh once, and I was creeped out by the characters' "auto-laughter" as well as their constant attempt and failure to break the fourth wall in all the most disturbing ways possible.
cosmo313
cosmo313

June 9, 2006
This is funny and entertaining, even if it is a little dumb and silly. I won't deny that it's derivative and predicatble, but it ad me laughingmy ass off, so that counts for something. I miss Chris Farley. This may not be his best film, but it definitely is a reminder of how funny and entertaining he was.
Eric S

June 14, 2010
Chris Farley as the "great white ninja" who is drawn to Beverly Hills, CA to save his "dove" Alison(Nicolette Sheridan) from the clutches of her counterfeiting, murderous boyfriend. From his undercover guises as a sushi shef and ink specialist, this film is yet another Chris Farley classic with plenty of laughs to go around.
Chris's agility has always amazed me despite his size, but then again, we're talking about a brilliant comedian who gave everything he did 150%.
If you've missed this one, I recommend it highly.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

March 25, 2007
Funny at times, but less than satisfying.
KJ P

January 18, 2010
Amazing comedy, terrible plot line! I Loved It!
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 11, 2009
I dont know what is worster my taste in the Movies or the fact that this movie was ever made.
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

March 2, 2008
Sucks but its got Farley, Liu Kang, and Chris Rock at least so it's kind of awesome.
Nani V

August 10, 2007
Have to watch it agian.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 18, 2007
funny, i miss that chris farley, he and chris rock were good together
Bradley W

January 15, 2012
Beverly Hills Ninja is a comedy that does not try to anything more than dumb. I love Chris Farley, I wish he were still alive today to make us laugh but he is not, and to be honest he is the only thing that is good about the film. Everything about the film is poorly done but even for the stupid stuff Chris Farley made funny. The way I saw this, it was one very long SNL skit that was funny but very boring.

The story follows Haru (Chris Farley) who has lived in a dojo and trained to be a ninja since infancy, but he is clumsy and lazy which has made him a poor ninja. When a woman asks for his help however, he must go to America to help her and complete his mission and prove himself a true ninja.

The plot is simple minded and dumb, but I expected nothing less from a Dennis Dugan comedy. Every moment I was not caring what was going on, all I cared about was getting a laugh, and I think its impossible not to laugh at Chris Farley. The characters are all really pointless but I think Farley was given a role that would have been pointless without him. Im pretty sure we all expected this not to be a very interesting comedy, and of course it turned out to be a movie that we would just laugh with Chris Farley.

The cast consists of Chris Farley and then a bunch of other people we simply do not care about. Chris Farley is one of my favorite old comedians, he is able to take pointless and stupid scripts like this and Tommy Boy and make them funny movies. Tommy Boy had a funny actor like David Spade however while they have Chris Rock in this and he does not do or say anything funny. If you are looking for a movie where Chris Farley will make you laugh this is it, but he is the only person who made me laugh and is the only interesting and funny cast member.

Beverly Hills Ninja is a movie that gets by on using Chris Farley as the main star. He would be one of the funniest comedians out there if he were still alive, possibly bigger than Adam Sandler. But this is not as good as Tommy Boy because of the cast, there were some seriously funny actors in Tommy Boy why this just uses Farley and nobody else. I wish I could have liked this but truthfully it just was not a good comedy unless you can watch a 90 minute movie of just laughing at Chris Farley.
Bryan D

May 14, 2012
Beverly Hills Ninja is a film I would never have seen if I wasn't a Chris Farley addict. Is it funny, yes. I guess. It's not as good as it could be, and the comedy is lightly sprinkled on a ridiculous story. Chris Farley is fun to watch, and Chris Rock is a delight. But overall, it's a meh, film. And, in all honesty, If this wasn't a Chris Farley movie, it would have gotten a much lower rating.
stevetheman1236
stevetheman1236

August 15, 2011
Oh, come on, critics. It's pretty funny.
Juan C

June 28, 2011
another hillarous chris farley comic classic! laugh out loud hillarious and sweetheartingly rausous, you just can't stop laughing! A
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

November 1, 2009
Chris Farley stars as the Great White Ninja; an unlikely hero because not only is he's Caucasian, he's also overweight and incapable, and thus not very suitable as a ninja. The humor can be very childish and silly but Chris Farley is hilarious as the bumbling, "White' ninja. Nicolette Sheridan is the sexy elusive woman who goes to Japan and hires Farley to secretly spy on her boyfriend (Nathaniel Parker) who she suspects may have killed her sister and Robin Shou and Chris Rock are fairly amusing.
Stephen E

November 29, 2011
Oh, come on, critics. It's pretty funny.
Sarah P

June 27, 2010
Probably Chris Farley's worst movie. I didn't enjoy it.
mattsigur1