64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Big Bad Wolf Reviews

Conner R

June 4, 2010
Just an all around crazy movie, not many werewolf movies have full on rape or have them fully aware and calling characters "pussy". While it has terrible production value, acting, and story, it's sort of got a bizarre sense of entertainment attached to it. The highlights are the blowjob scene and the revival of the villain from Kindergarten Cop. It's not a good movie by any stretch and is a complete disgrace to the genre, but definitely worth seeing and unintentionally hilarious.
DrStrangeblog
DrStrangeblog

March 22, 2012
Grade Z in every respect - terrible acting, unlikable characters, awful dialogue, misguided sense of humor, gloppy blood effects, "hey-it's-a-guy-in-a-suit" costuming, rigid facial prosthetics. The wolf creature from Evil Toons was more convincing (and yeah, he was a badly animated 'toon.) In the case of this low-budget horror story of a horror story, you get what you pay for.
PC79
PC79

June 27, 2007
Had me laughing more then anything!
June 11, 2007
Gave this one a re-watch to see if my initial impressions had softened any:

"Decided to check out a new werewolf movie, which usually ends in regrets, this was no exception. I'll give it a few points for trying different things with the genre, but a werewolf that speaks is just fucking stupid, especially when it's cracking bad jokes and puns."

And the answer is no, no they haven't.

It's an okay watch, but a rental at best.
ArizonaLioness
October 27, 2009
Sometimes a movie is so bad it is good....not this one! What a disappointment. Big Bad Wolf tried to be another "An American Werewolf in London" or a movie from the "Evil Dead" series, and it was great to see David Naughton in a cameo role as a lawman, but the dark "comedy" falls flat. Also, unbelievable in the role as the biker/mechanic chick was Kimberly J. Brown from the Disney Halloween Town series of movies....about as tough as a stale marshmallow. ;)

The one thing going for this movie is the music. Green Vinyl Dream's "SHELTER" is a song you'll want to play over and over again on your iPod...if iTunes carried it! Arghhhhh!
Ken D

October 11, 2008
I was talked into watching this with my cousins because they love B horror movies. I thought, Oh Good Lord, here we go again. But suprisingly, the story was good. Not all the acting was good and sometimes a bit annoying. But it is a very different kind of horror movie and it is worth the watch.
October 24, 2007
This film was simply awful. Bad script and even worse acting. I wasn't expecting much going in, but even then this film let me down. As if the "talking" werewolf wasn't bad enough, the film was littered with inconsistencies (you'll know 'em when you see 'em). The movie's only saving grace is that Clint Howard has a cameo. If you are looking for a werewolf movie you'd be better off seeing Dog Soldiers or Ginger Snaps.
3lizab3thlov3s3ric
October 4, 2007
i freakin luv this movie itz so awesum. n plus i rele luv Trever Duke he iz so hott. n hez a BAMF (at the end) lol!
October 2, 2007
Dare I say that I actually enjoyed this movie? It is something different from the typical werewolf storyline in that the werewolf actually speaks, and when the group of helpless teenagers to go the cabin, they die within the first thirty minutes! I thought it would take forever, and the storyline afterwards with the two survivors and their search for who the werewolf was was pretty interesting, even comedic, and it actually kept my attention throughout the whole movie.
September 4, 2007
FUNNY AS HELL! A few parts will make u jump, but moreso FUNNY AS EVER! "Is That Your Bitch? Oops, MY BAD!"
TheMrz
July 20, 2007
I should have known by the title this movie would be seriously corny...sorry thats an understatement, terribly corny. I want the dollar back I spent renting it!
joyouskiss
June 16, 2007
Hilariously Horrorific! *snickers* A werewolf like in the 30's wolfman flicks that changes at full moon, still wears jeans and kills anyone in his path, rapes teen whores while cracking bad jokes and utterly bad wisecracks. Funny part is with the teens trapped inside cabin and the werewolf calls them little piggies...
April 12, 2014
Amazingly funny with alot of priceless lines!
August 16, 2012
Watch it for the fun of it. It's not to be taken seriously. That will be clear when something outstanding occurs at a secluded cabin. It's something I've never seen in a Werewolf movie since Michael Jackson said, "GET AWAYYY!!". It's guilty pleasure entertainment and if you watch it for that, you won't have a problem. If you take it seriously, you'll be changing channels. I just thought this was damned funny.
Sandman1968
February 2, 2012
Expectations are rarely high for made-for-video horror movies, and while I can't quite recommend "Big Bad Wolf", it is a little better than the norm. Lance Dreesen is a capable enough director to keep the film interesting throughout, but the less-than-impressive special effects and amateurish acting keep holding it back.
The cast is all appealing enough, but they deliver their lines like they're reading their grocery lists out loud. The special effects involved in the brief transformation scenes are so cheap it really makes you long for the amazing, non-CGI work of artists like Rick Baker and the like. Computers may help to enhance a lot of movies but they were the worst thing to ever happen to the horror film.
The basic premise lifts liberally from a lot of the major werewolf pictures of the last twenty years, most notably "An American Werewolf in London", "Silver Bullet" and "The Howling". There are scenes in this movie that will remind you of all three of those superior films. It even goes as far as to give former Wolfman David Naughton a small part here, which actually earns this film a few points. It's pretty clever.
I also enjoyed Richard Tyson as the titular creature. He never quite made it to the big leagues, but he seems to be enjoying the way back down the ladder of success. There's a good movie in here somewhere just bubbling under the surface, but "Big Bad Wolf" just never quite achieves greatness. It is, however, slightly better than your average B movie.
January 28, 2012
I like the idea of the conscious were-wolf who like to have a good time, joke around, and kill some trespassers limb from limb.
Nukleopatra
January 18, 2012
Richard Tyson was far more menacing as a straight up abusive stepfather. He became less horrifying when he transformed into the wise cracking, badly done Werewolf.
bobolinq
June 20, 2010
it can't even be called a spoof it's so bad. of course, in keeping with the times, it contains an ample amount of teen fornication and mammary aerobics. the on-liner quipping werewolf was a novelty touch.
as in all good 'wolf venues, the legacy is passed on, but to a simpler, droller and less whimscal recipient.
Dean Winchester
October 4, 2009
This movie is absolute crap. It is scary only because of the bad punch lines and horrible acting abilities. It is the typical college horror film, with pointless nudity and bad acting. If I could never watch this movie again, that would be great.
Feleron
January 16, 2008
For those that enjoy horror movies, this movie is for you. This movie is not your typical "werewolf" movie. I have seen plenty stemming from the greats such as: American Werewolf in London, The Wolf Man, and Bad Moon. To the terrible and worst ever created such as: American Werewolf in Paris(bought this in a 2 pack after not seeing it for years...SUCKS) and Wolfen (BORING!!!). This movie is about a kid who wants to be with the cool kids in the frat. He ends up stealing his step dads cabin keys for the weekend to impress these people who don't like him. Anyway to the good stuff...This werewolf movie is not meant to be taken seriously, and you realize this the second the werewolf says (yes it speaks!) "Lil pig, lil pig let me in, so i can eat the skin right off of your HEAD!" I started to laugh instantly and was hooked from there on out. There is werewolf rape in this movie....yes thats right......PRICELESS. I suggest renting this movie with some guy friends and just laughing and enjoying. Sometimes the acting is kind of cheap in the middle, but we have all learned, you do not watch a horror movie for the what? ACTING. Until next time...take care and Happy Screaming!