Big Eden Reviews

½ May 15, 2013
Beautifully acted and directed LGBT movie with an uplifting script. Highly recommended.
September 23, 2009
I kinda love this movie. I liked that just because it envolves a gay man, the whole movie didn't have to dumb itself down or overwhelm itself with having to be a gay movie. His grandfather has a heart attack and so he goes back home. It's not stereotypical and I genuinely enjoyed that as a movie. They also avoided stereotypes about small towns which you almost never see! A nice, well-made movie.
August 3, 2008
Watch it for cuteness, romance, and scenery. I watched this movie more to see Arye Gross than the plot. He's a very good actor that does well in this almost too cute movie. Jessica Fletcher was a nice bonus too. Anyway the writing is kinda mediocre and the editing of the movie was odd, there was a couple places where they seemed to cut out something important as theres a sudden oooh moment. Its cute and sweet but oddly lacking in drama, crying jags but no one really even raises their voice.
November 8, 2008
I love this movie! It can't be described. The romance is so touching and heartfelt. Nothing about it is risque or over the top. Its just a sweet story about two men who fall in love.
½ June 13, 2007
It's great to see gay men not being stereotyped for once. Just like 'All over the guy', I appreciated the film makers not making a cookie cutter love story but rather giving us a slice of real life with all it's complications and pit falls.
½ June 10, 2007
I've wanted to watch this one for awhile now.. and finally got the chance.. This one is well worth it.. I really don't know what else to say.. this is going to be one that I buy as soon as I can.. I recommend this one.

I think the most uncomfortable aspect of this movie is Eric Schweig's character because it is too damn close to me.. (well.. a male me) It's hard watching because I know that feeling, and evenknowing it is a problem doesn't help me get over it.. Not an easy character to play , but he did a great job.
½ August 22, 2007
This is an unusal gay movie. And the right two guys find each other eventually (Maybe not the two cutest, but the right two). Some serious stuff here and a good deal of fun. When you're gay, it's easy to assume that you won't be accepted, often enough that assumption is a crippling mistake. This is a very good movie whether you're gay or not.
August 16, 2007
Funny and warm, charming and romantic and Romantic -- a wonderful story filled with joy and searching. Class A performances
½ June 19, 2007
another underrated movie. not too many gay related movies have native american's as a main gay character.refreshing
May 22, 2007
One of Eric Schweigs better films and it wasn't hard to buy him as a homosexual character. Native American's as contemporary and modern and even human. Cool. I liked it.
February 24, 2007
Arye Gross seemed too old for the character he portrayed. Tim Dekay, on the other hand, was a perfect choice as the bi-curious past crush--but I didn't really get his character. (Is that a contradiction or a conundrum?) Eric Schweig played his character well but why was he chosen?
January 28, 2007
BIG EDEN is a sweet,uplifting love story set in a refreshingly open-minded town. The townsfolk accept our two heroes' homosexuality, and work behind the scenes to help them realize their feelings for each other. What a magical movie...Although the story unfolds slowly, it is well worth the pay-off. A great cast, with top-notch performances from each of the actors,
August 4, 2006
This is a sweet, touching and all around wonderful film! Everyone should watch it... gay... str8... and everything inbetween! I laughed, i cryed... it moved me Bob!
May 28, 2006
Another great movie. Though it's kinda unrealistic to think something like this would happen in Montana, of all places. Another heavy drama...and gay or straight....this is one that's worth checking out.
½ November 30, 2014
Only a few of the scenes made me enjoy this story,which had a really flat and cliche plotThe main disappointment was for me the central strolyine and it felt for me wrong in so many levels.
July 30, 2012
Big Eden is charming and good-hearted, but it is also incredibly unrealistic and cliched.
November 8, 2012
It's really nothing special.
May 17, 2011
Flawed, disparagingly, but at times it showcased the sweetness of the narrative, few moments, especially at the early part, could be edited much more to give it solidity. It have this nice independent film feel, the pace is reasonable yet the lead actors didn't have enough chemistry, some of the side story lines was ended so abruptly that it spoiled the sense, though, the accents of struggle and emotional backdrop was nice to pull this whole movie to a good balance. Surely would let anyone, with the scope of its audience, adore this romance that is stripped from the sexual friction based on societal perception, the beauty of this movie came from the simplicity of how it is told.
February 26, 2011
It's my feel good movie and one of the only movies I can watch time and time again, it the only reason I haven't got rid of my DVD player as my copy of this DVD is region 1.
November 27, 2010
What a beautifully charming movie. Louise Fletcher is a delight and Eric S is wonderful. I wish there were a community that was actually like this. One of my favorite films.