• PG-13, 1 hr. 35 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Blind Dating Reviews

Emily A

July 20, 2010
If it weren't for Chris Pine's natural charm, this movie probably wouldn't have been half as good. I'm not usually a fan of romantic comedies, but I found that I really liked this one, for its main character as well as those around him. I really sympathized with Danny's desire to be independant and find love, and his blindness wasn't so much a physical handicap for him as it was a social handicap that influenced other people's treatment of him. There is also a parallel storyline of Danny volunteering to undergo experimental surgery that could potentiall grant him limited vision, but it takes a backseat to the romance story. The humour in this one is genuinely funny without being mean-spirited, and he ending, while unorthodox is both happy and satusfying.
Conner R

March 3, 2011
I really wish I could say this wasn't cheesy or lame, but it really is for the most part. The only redeeming quality is Chris Pine's really great performance. No one must have told him how dumb and ridiculous it was going to be because his character is really well developed and realistic. Now for a straight-to-video movie it's not the worst, but it just has all those stereotypical quirky moments that have long since been considered cute or even amusing.
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

July 19, 2010
Nothing special about this movie, really I mean that... Chris Pine act's was sucks, he played a blind man who wasn't like a blind man... Even he walking as a straight man... It is true that some scenes made me laugh, but the whole movie just not that good... Just watch it in your spare time...
deano
deano

May 17, 2009
It's hysterically funny and interesting ideas that could have been explored in this comedy-drama movie - one is a blind young man, interested in a serious relationship and wanting to have sex with meaning and how he goes about pursing that relationship and what happens along the way. Chris Pine deserves some better roles, to see what he can actually make with something more complex and intelligent. The support actors are quite good in fact and I especially liked Jane Seymour's performance.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 1, 2009
There is nothing worster than a blind dating my Friend.
William G

July 19, 2010
Wholly routine rom-com with no chemistry, laughs, originality or heart.
iLeo
iLeo

April 30, 2008
Great, phenomenal movie! Hilarious. Chris Pine and Eddie Kaye Thomas are absolutely two crazy guys as they portray a couple of brothers in this movie. One is blind, and the other isn't. Pine's character wants to find true love, but feels that his blindness is the absolute factor in why he can't maintain a relationship. In his embarkment of finding 'true love' on various blind dates, lo and behold, his one and only is the temp working in the clinic that he attends for treatments. Great comedy, worth checking out.
Janice :

WHAT THE HELL?!
This is so boring, it's incredible!
I mean, I, having seen this movie, can't even believe it - and I'm an empiricist!
The world has gone crazy to now be making this type of film.
This is the first sign of an apocalypse!!!!!
April 22, 2014
The comedic elements fall completely flat - there isn't one funny moment in the entire movie, though it's definitely trying to be. The romantic element is solid but nothing memorable. Mostly needed better writing.
February 13, 2014
"Blind Dating" (2006) This came out just before up-and-coming actor Chris Pine hit it big as Capt. James T. Kirk in the new rendition of the "Star Trek" franchise.
The antics present throughout are all geared toward a sitcom, but they are amusing nonetheless.
Jane Seymour is the shrink, who constantly tries to seduce Pine's Danny character. This one was directed by her husband, actor James Keach.
It's a movie that embraces one's awkwardness while still staying true to their own identity.
Grade: C+
randhrshipper1
September 15, 2011
As a Chris Pine fan, I had to see this little-known early film of his. Though I'm sure the comedy here could have been of the more intelligent and witty variety, Pine and Thomas as his brother really get a good feel for the humor going, and seeing Seymour on screen is always a good thing. And I love the final declaration of love made by Pine's character. Not a bad viewing experience at all.
flixsterbum
July 19, 2010
After seeing a couple previews for this, I decided to take a gamble. There was a good chance that this was going to be a sexually crude "romantic" "comedy" that relied heavily on the gag of a blind guy trying to get lucky. Luckily, my gamble paid off. It's a pleasant, charming movie and the raunchiest stuff was actually in the previews. Chris Pine and Anjali Jay are both attractive, likeable performers, I've always had a soft spot for the underused Eddie Kay Thomas, and Stephen Tobolowsky gets to play something other than an annoying villain and/or nerd for a change. Nothing too deep or revelatory here, but it's a nice way to spend an hour and a half.
aprilpope1
July 19, 2010
This was supposed to be a stupid comedy to relax with and I fell in love with it. I gotta warn ya though, it's a tear jerker. Definitly did not get the hype it deserved!
sammyabalos
July 19, 2010
It was really well done. I fullly enjoyed it. It was different yet typical. Good for that movie where you have nothing better to do but you won't fall madly in love with it. No cult followings here.
Hamee
July 19, 2010
This was a very funny romantic comedy. Jay and Pine were adorable together. And since in the end they are together I was very happy.
jaysjoe16
July 19, 2010
Chris Pine from the movie just my luck alongside with lindsay lohan... Funny that a blind guy wants to find true love by dating girls he does not even see... finds love but can't settle because of cultural difference.. The indian guy by the way that anjali jay is set to get married with is the same indian guy from heroes.. thought you might want to know...
July 19, 2010
This movie takes every single tired, worn out romcom cliche and throws them into one gaint heaping mess.

The acting is (suprisingly) pretty good. Chris Pine does a good job as the lead, but he's not very good at being blind. It would have been better if it has been classified as a drama instead of romantic comedy, because it wasn't funny and was only slightly romantic.

I agree with the movie poster:
"CAUTION."
megantenenbaum
July 19, 2010
This is another one I've seen at a free movie preview. Chris Pine is hilarious and it's a portrays perfectly what it would be like for a blind white man to date a woman from an Indian family.
July 19, 2010
From the actor who was in JUST MY LUCK, falls himself in a film like AT FIRST SIGHT, makes a wonderful chick flick film that goes to show that even the blind can see true love.
dancingthroughlife
July 19, 2010
Anjali Jay is superb in this movie. I hope to see more of her in the future.
Overall it was an okay movie.