Blood and Chocolate Reviews

Directors Cat
November 4, 2011
I think Blood and Chocolate is purposefully ugly to convey with the film's overall mood and I enjoyed the fact that in this werewolf film there was more development of character. There wasn't an explosion of CGI and a lot of interesting things went on in the film. I came out satisfied. I was entertained.
September 5, 2010
This movie really stands apart from others of its genre--that is, werewolf stories. It's intelligently made and there is an actual plot to follow. The acting is convincing, and thankfully the change from man to wolf is beautifully executed. Some great action. Some great romance. Some really great Hugh Dancy...nuff said!
MissMorganLeee
½ January 21, 2007
STOP MAKING WOLVES LOOK EVIL!
January 15, 2008
I had read the book before and was of course dissapointed that this adaptation wasn't exactly faithful. However as an independent film it was pretty average. The story line was a bit original since you've never quite seen this kind of werewolf film before and the action and special effects were quite good. The acting I wasn't exactly crazy about especially Dancy's performance. All in all, it could've been better.
January 21, 2007
This was an ok werewolf movie. The acting was pretty flat and there weren't any actors that really stood out for me.
The story had a few interesting bits but on the whole it was pretty basic and I knew what was going to happen at every turn.
The society of the werewolves was interesting and I liked parts of that but there wasn't enough to get the movie a higher score.
This didn't have the usual transformations in it which was different. Instead of the gross stretching of skin and growing of hair they would appear as wolves after they jumped in the air and lit up in a mystical glow. Different.
In the end it was an ok movie and not anything to get excited about.
The city it was filmed in was great to look at and the best place for this movie to have been shot.
May 18, 2007
One of those films where the trailer makes it look so much better than it is. Was hoping for something close to Underworld as it was done by the same producers. However it is more a tale of romance. They are not really werewolves either but humans who turn into wolves....not something in between. Ok for a watch but could have been so much better.
½ June 15, 2007
Omg!!! Olivier Martinez is so sexy! I just wanna have my way with him. lol. Oh and the movie is pretty good too.
½ June 2, 2007
A film that really wants to be a dramatic and romantic werewolf movie. Aimed at a teen audience it treats the viewer like an idiot, spelling out it's themes on an etch-a-sketch. No chemistry and very dodgy dialogue just make it more painful. In a world of Underworlds and Covenants and whatever super-natural garbage Holywood can throw at us this is at the bottom of the dung heap. A couple of bits of nice action, it could have done well not to take itself so damn seriously.
½ October 30, 2013
The supernatural thriller Blood and Chocolate is an intriguing and intense dark romance. The story follows a mysterious young woman from a noble werewolf bloodline who falls for a human, but their lives become endangered when her family discovers their affair. Agnes Bruckner and Hugh Dancy lead the cast and give solid performances. And, the writing does a job good at creating a fascinating werewolf mythology. The special effects also create an interesting transformation effect for the wolves that accentuates their spiritual and mystical nature. A compelling and stylistic film, Blood and Chocolate delivers romance and adventure.
½ June 9, 2011
A fun little werewolf tale.
ascordeiro108
December 19, 2010
loved it, loved it :D
½ February 17, 2007
It's the best wolf movie i've ever seen!
January 26, 2007
Tedious and dull when not silly.
October 13, 2010
A fresh take on the Werewolf genre, a bit slow in some parts but otherwise it's a pretty solid film. Was kinda surprised at how much I ended up liking the movie.
½ October 4, 2008
I only watched it because Olivier Martinez was in it
½ January 24, 2007
It wasn't bad. The acting was decent, and the story was nothing unusual, but it was entertaining enough.
FanGirl
January 21, 2007
I'll start by saying I haven't read the books. I thought the trailers looked really cheesey and teen oriented. The movie was a bit better than I expected. A decent if a bit stale, werewolf movie.
iLeo
September 26, 2007
Personally, it was a good movie! Criteria met: 1) O. Martinez & H. Dancy 2.) Romania 3.) Great MUSIC!!
August 18, 2007
I really thought i was going to spend an amazing night with my friend watching this flick but as it turned out we spent most of our time laughing at how lame the movie was. It worth watching only because HUGH DANCY is in it, otherwise i was rather deceived. :( The love story sucks, the scary scenes are NOT scary and the actors are bad.