67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

BloodMonkey (Blood Monkey) Reviews

Luke B

March 9, 2010
A film so stupid there are no monkeys in sight. There are apes, which look like your average CGI gorillas. The film has a cast of annoying characters, from the whiny monkey fodder, to ACADEMY AWARD WINNING F. Murray Abraham pretty much screaming "I'm a psychopath". It's annoying and confusing, especially the urinating scene. The monkey/apes/whatevers are disappointingly absent throughout the entire film. They manage to show up just in time for a five second shot, in a Blair Witch style ending. It's a shame the film forgot the monkeys and the fun.
Steven V

September 17, 2008
It is a poor movie, but it can be watched. The movie lacks tension - and as such it is not a 'whole film' - the lighting, music, atmosphere, do not co-conspire to create a tense environment - there is no 'mood' to the film which keeps the viewers locked in. The young student actors are all pretty and none really leave a lasting impression aside from their good looks. This was clearly a low budget movie, with the monsters staying out of eye-sight until the end of the movie (which could well have been a good move considering the paltry CGI employed).
iLeo
iLeo

April 25, 2008
A movie of some interest, that somewhat resembles a bit of the story plot, 'Congo'. F Murray Abraham stars in this movie on a search for a rare gorilla find. Worth seeing.
July 28, 2009
This is what I get for watching Syfy at 3am. BloodMonkey might be on Ed Wood's level of bad films. Even more embarrassing is that Oscar winner. F. Murray Abraham (Amadeus) and Matt Reeves (director of Cloverfield and Let Me In) star in this mess of a movie. I highly encourage you to intoxicate yourself before watching this movie in the hopes that it might be more enjoyable.
February 10, 2014
really not that bad interesting
August 3, 2013
I Quite enjoy it but people the movie is STUPID!!!!
June 5, 2013
Campy and poorly acted and set up, Blood Monkey is exactly what you'd expect it to be. However the movie does have a good plot, it is just poorly executed. If you aren't opposed to Monty Python-esque gore, and digital apes, it's all good. In fact, the movie is downright enjoyable provided you actually watch and think about the movie, as opposed to wishing it was more like that one movie you hold above all others. So, in essence, a good watch for people new to horror, or who enjoy a less scary movie on a rainy day. a bad watch for movie snobs.
May 13, 2012
This is a MUST SEE!!!
Umelbumel
November 6, 2011
yay! This was bad, just bad.
1,5/5
July 24, 2011
y can't we see the monkeys kill ppl
January 10, 2011
this movie terribly sucked and reminded me of why i hated grizzly rage so much
knowlesey
January 22, 2010
So it wasn't particulary good but I must admit I enjoyed watching it. Clever storyline and idea for a film and I feel for the most part it was portrayed fairly well. Acting was reasonably good despite F. Murray Abraham being the only actor I actually knew. Like any B-Grade Horror film it was very corny but sometimes it's actually a lot of fun to watch corny Horror films because they are very entertaining. Its quite disappointing that we never really see the so-called 'Blood Monkey' until the very end, and even that was a bit of a let down. For the record; like most B-Grade Horror films the ending sucked and its a shame because it was showing promise to having a really cool ending as well. Overall it's not going to win any awards but I was entertained and enjoyed watching it :)
Drew R.
October 3, 2009
If one has time to waste, and does not take Blood Monkey for what its writers intended, this movie makes one exceptional comedy.