97% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Bloody Wednesday Reviews

Christopher B

December 24, 2008
I would love to see this film again. The story of the few days before a man goes into a crowded restaurant and opens fire. A few standout scenes is when someone brings their car to the man to get it fixed (he's a mechanic) and he takes it apart and puts the little pieces onto the floor, entering the church nude while singing a hymn and the scene where the man is given a gun. A real video gem I remember renting a few times, it probably closest resembles The Shining, but it exists in it's own strange world.
rocker_els6789
January 23, 2011
There is one thing to keep in mind while watching this movie: it is a B movie from the 1980's. The plot is fascinating and well paced as we watch a man slowly lose his mind while he talks to a teddy bear and see's ghosts in his brother's hotel. The movie is based on the 1984 massacre in a San Diego McDonalds.
That is the end of what I liked about the film. The effects are horrible (remember, b movie) and some of the scares are cheesy and dumb. The acting is a little stale and bland as well (Raymond Elmendorf over acts and acts like he doesn't know how to be afraid). I think some producer should watch this film and hire a director and writer to modernize it because the story has great potential to be a great film. I think someone like Scorsese or Nolan could make a masterpiece out of this and really give the story justice and someone like DiCaprio or Depp could give the character of Harry great depth. They have experience playing troubled characters who drive a film forward. This film had potential, but apparently lacked funding. Redone, this could be the 20teens version of The Shining.