Bollywood/Hollywood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

iLeo
½ November 24, 2007
A good film to watch.
½ October 1, 2007
Though occasional flashes of the radiantly bi-cultural romp that might have been peek through, writer-director Deepa Mehta's hybrid is strangely clumsy, given that she's an experienced filmmaker familiar with both Hollywood and Bollywood conventions.
September 5, 2010
The story was a little too out there, seriously I still didn't think those two liked each other when they were supposed to be in love. The Canadian actress' teeth were so gross too, they were nearly British. It was kinda funny, but at times it was too long, the songs weren't as good as most Bollywood films. I guess if I could believe they actually liked eachother, it would be better.
July 15, 2010
I loved this movie. The "music video" spots in this movie, wonderful fun as usual. I always love a love story with a happy ending. A few corny American cliche' sayings i was not fond of but i can forgive because the characters were lovable. I love Indian movies so this is another favorite for me.
July 15, 2010
A fun Bollywood themed film, some very entertaining musical numbers. It?s all very familiar but it is well done. I enjoyed the cast. It?s nothing great but it entertains along the way.
November 19, 2009
February 25, 2009
Funny, sometimes bizarre, quirky movie w/ elements of Shakespeare not just quotations, and tongue in cheek look at Bollywood
½ September 21, 2014
Worthwhile comedy musical of family traditions and rushed endearments.Not quite a waste of time,has its sparks of witt
½ September 18, 2013
Simplement, pas ete capable de regarder plus de 15 minutes...INSUPPORTABLE !
½ April 21, 2013
As the title implies, the film tries to incorporate elements of bollywood and hollywood films into one. It feels like a Pretty Woman knock off and not quite like a bollywood film either. The film also leaves many matters left aside, such as the representations of homosexuality. The acting is generally fairly poor and noticeably so.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
August 3, 2012
Great movie canadain meet indain style, wonderful.
It insightive, colorful and celebrative with dance and music thats ethnically enriching.
A rich man needs to find a bride, his caucasian girlfriend died in a freak accident onsight of her music video. His sister is in love and wants to get on with her life but can't until he finds someone to wed. Almost when hope is lost he encounters a striking bueaty who looks indian but isn't or is she? The fun begins,fantastic movie.
June 4, 2012
I love this movie. Makes me wanna watch some Bollywood movies.
½ December 17, 2011
Deepa Mehta's take on Bollywood is so smart. I love a musical!
½ December 6, 2011
Bollywood Hollywood is a fun piece of not quite mindless entertainment. Deepa Mehta makes Bollywood for a Western audience without completely losing what makes Bollywood great. Gone is the 3+ hour running time and the overly and ridiculously melodramatic plot line and acting, replaced with a much more manageable run time and more naturalistic performances. What remains is the fun, the unashamedly romantic plot, the family connection and dynamic and of course the dance numbers.
Brightly coloured with a witty script that moves fast, Bollywood Hollywood isn't profound, but it eases the Western viewer into the culture that is India and Bollywood with enough insight and intelligence to spark interest in the real thing without the difficulties that the Western viewer encounters through a full fledged Bollywood flick.
½ September 17, 2011
Weird movie... I am still trying to figure out if I like it or not.
½ March 9, 2011
hilarious look at arranged marriages
½ January 18, 2011
I really really really like Rahul Khanna, and the songs were good. However, it needed twice as many drag queens and some of the things meant to be affectionate came off as condescending. Also, why is Deepa Mehta always making Lisa Ray a prostitute?