27% Transcendence Apr 18

Born Romantic Reviews

iLeo
iLeo

July 10, 2008
Here's a great movie with an incredible story plot. Great music. Fantastic cast. Jimi Mistry is amazing in this movie.
timonthemeerkat
October 22, 2008
Why is it that all the European romantic films are the best? Maybe it's because they have a far better understanding of the subject than us Americans.
July 11, 2011
Not interesting to human beings. I want to understand how Craig ferguson gets cast in movies. And now ferguson is a lame ass chat show talking face. Shut yer piehole Craig ferguson. Also back to the movie. I fell asleep. Some years later it's on my South Carolina digital tv. And it still eats the rhino dong. Avoid it like the plague. And Craig ferguson should retire & diminish. Save your time & money.
February 18, 2011
Excellent Brit ensemble romcom. Very slick, funny, well produced, - and it has a message about the need to engage in a world where it's all too easy to accept alienation. 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' morphs into 'Three Couples, a Cabbie and Salsa'.
jazza923
May 27, 2007
Perhaps I wasn't in the mood for this movie, but I could not stay interested in it and found the actors completely uninvolving and bland. The characters were not very interesting. It did have some good things about it, the score was good at least.
anmarika
May 15, 2006
[color=lemonchiffon]Saw dese late April on DVD ...[/color]

[color=orange][b]The Spanish Prisoner, 1997, Writer/Director David Mamet[/b][/color]
[color=orange][b](with Steve Martin, Rebecca Pidgeon, Campbell Scott)[/b][/color]
Wasn't sure that I had seen any of David Mamet's films previously so did some IMDB research and found that he also did [color=magenta]State and Main (2000)[/color] and [color=magenta]The Winslow Boy (1999[/color]). He's also done [color=magenta]Glengarry Glen Ross, Ronin and Wag the Dog[/color] (haven't seen these and don't think I wanna) plus many other widely seen films. I've tried watching State and Main and Glengarry Glen Ross and I know at their release there was much ado and ra ra about them but for some reason I can't engage myself enough to watch em right through. Now this for me is most odd - I can honestly say that I have never ever walked out of a film at the theatre and usually if I sit down to watch a film 9of my choosing) I'm completely absorbed from start to finish. Can't quite put my finger on what it is about these two films ... However, I did quite like The Winslow Boy & Nigel Hawthorne is quite watchable to me, maybe that's why I liked it? I can't really recall - it must have been a good nuff film.

I quite liked the pace of The Spanish Prisoner and the mind games / whodunnit quality, good finale too. I wanted to wack Campbell Scott upside the head a couple of times cos of his gullibility - no you dumbass don't take the red book with you! Prime target! The Winslow Boy featured the intriguing Rebecca Pidgeon who is also in The Spanish Prisoner - not the typical female character at all ... she'd make a good poker player methinks! There's also a minor part in the film played by Felicity Huffman. Steve Martin was suitably menacing in a subtle way.

[color=orange][b]Born Romantic, 2000, Writer/Director David Kane[/b][/color]
This is a fun UK romantic comedy featuring an ensemble cast and revolves around a latin dance club. Really great cast, I've seen a bit of [color=magenta]Jane Horrocks[/color] (Ab Fab), [color=magenta]Jimi Mistry[/color] and [color=magenta]Catherine McCormack[/color] and of course that guy from the Drew Carey Show (the smarmy boss) - turns out his name is [color=magenta]Craig Ferguson[/color]. The mysterious cab driver was a great addition to the storyline - turns out the actor's name is [color=magenta]Adrian Lester[/color] and he's been in a fair few bit parts; the recent Spider Man film , various TV shows including the mini series Jason and the Argonauts - he was the guy with the harp. [color=magenta]Hermione Norris[/color] is great as the bitchy ex-wife (TV series Cold Feet). Actually just saw her the other night on the telly in the film Mad Cows (1999) with Anna Friel and Joanna Lumley (Ab Fab) ... as the title implies this is a bit of a mad cap comedy ... but I digress ... so back to Born Romantic - I liked it and the oddball characters, nice tidy wrap up at the end - the girls get the guys and vice versa ... awww, just what the punters like.

A lucky find from my local library I have to say!
IlonaG
December 12, 2005
[b][color=black][i]The best part of this movie, is David Morrissey...the incredibly sexy and handsome star of BBC's Blackpool![/i][/color][/b]