The Boy Who Could Fly Reviews

September 6, 2010
I really liked this movie when I was a kid, I thought it was cool, and it has Fred Savage from the Wonder Years. Now, it seems kind of silly and predictable, but it's okay.
September 22, 2009
A childhood favourite, it?s not really a 4 star film but it is to me!
½ December 31, 2008
Aww...I remember watching this in either 4th or 5th grade.
January 8, 2008
I like it. It's simple but it has a good story and some funny parts to help it along. And who doesn't want to fly?
puffchunk
November 30, 2007
I remember this movie from childhood. All I can think of is he's like retarded and flies out the window or something. I should probably see it again before you take this review seriously.
deano
December 6, 2006
A surprisingly downbeat fantasy that never really gets off the ground until its rather silly ending.
November 9, 2006
Well done acting.
½ January 4, 2009
I have always liked this movie. It is the perfect after school special or family movie night. It is a touching romantic story of wholesome teens. Nothing dramatic really happens, but you do cry happy tears at the end. And you really want to say, "yeah!!!!!" But it could be boring for someone who likes conflict or a villian of some type. Just plain boring kids.
½ October 9, 2007
Pleasant enough movie but not an accurate portrayal of autism. The fantasy flying scenes were cool in an after school special kind of way.
½ September 1, 2007
I can still remember freaking out about this movie when they use to play it non-stop on the Disney channel. Brillant.
½ April 23, 2007
i forgot about this movie, i saw it when i had a fever when i was little, not the best combo but i liked it... or maybe i was just delusional
½ September 1, 2007
I absoutely love this movie. I need to find it on DVD to complete my childhood movies dvd collection :)
July 8, 2007
i love this movie to death cuz this is so romance movie. im kinda girl like romance moveis, books, anything that is romance.
May 20, 2007
I have seen this..lol..it was cool back when I was a kid know its a film that you say what where they thinking, but still like it...lol
May 17, 2007
Might have been decent if it was plausible OR if this kid would have invented a way to fly instead. People just don't levitate off the ground.
½ February 14, 2007
I think this is based on the Only Alien on the planet, and I liked the book. Not sure about the movie..
February 9, 2007
OMG!!! I LOVED THIS MOVIE AS A CHILD!! (have you seen the male star in new commercials for Advil?? lol Makes me feel old!)
March 1, 2013
Loved this movie growing up!!
July 4, 2012
Great family films are the kind that offer something for viewers of all ages, not just children. THE BOY WHO COULD FLY is one such movie. Children will obviously cheer little Fred Savage on as he struggles to make his way around the block and outsmart neighborhood bullies (as well as a ferocious Doberman). Teenage girls will swoon at the puppy love story between Lucy Deakins and Jay Underwood (there's a romantic dreamy nighttime scene midway through the film). Anyone older will be very touched by the very realistic relationships depicted in the film, particularly the one in which lonely Deakins befriends the autistic, mostly mute Underwood who sometimes is seen standing with his arms spread like an airplane. But of course, the title of the movie clearly gives away the notion that Underwood's character actually CAN fly. (Kids, however, should note that they should NOT attempt to step off a window sill or roof expecting to do the same in real life.) Despite the occasional shades of PETER PAN, however, the fantasy element is mostly kept to a minimum; this works in favor of the story's credibility as a family drama. A sweet-natured, touching little treasure, THE BOY WHO COULD FLY is the stuff that true family films are made of.
May 13, 2012
A classic from the 80s, those with a special needs child in the family will find it heart warming. Simple and uncomplicated the film has heart and charm. No one will believe it, but yes the boy can fly.