• PG, 1 hr. 19 min.

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Brain Donors Reviews

Ken S

June 10, 2007
Every Marx brothers movie condensed into one hell of a zany adventure. This movie is gut bustingly funny.
Christopher B

January 25, 2008
Amazingly funny film with great performances by all the cast, especially Turturro. Great one-liners are delivered at a rapid pace and this movie is worthy of being put alongside the Marx Bros series even though it's only an "homage".
"I want you to have my children... they're out in the car" Hilarious, and no, I'm not making fun of you Timbo.
December 25, 2012
This shows how the Three Stooges were comedic geniuses - you cannot just get three people acting like total jackasses together and expect it be funny. Timing is everything (no matter how lowbrow the humor), and if you dont have it naturally, then at least a director could help. No help here, apparently. This also reinforces by belief that The Stupids is a work of genius, because its apparently not that easy to be ridiculously zany, but still be genuinely funny.
March 21, 2009
This movie reminds me of old Chaplin or Marx brothers films. It is over the top and sometimes tries way to hard. If you just let yourself enjoy the silliness it will get you through the day.
HorrorMovieCinema
February 2, 2009
This movie makes you cry you're laughing so hard. I've seen it countless times, and it just gets better and better each time I see it. The writing is brilliant and the acting is just as good if not better. John Turtturo was born to play this part, just like all his other roles, but excellent in this one in particular. A take off on the Marx brothers' Animal Crackers (1930), it captures a more modern feel

So many great moments and lines it's hard to pick a favorite scene or dialogue. I think that my favorite part of the movie if forced to choose would have to be one of the last scenes, when they are at the ballet and the two guys come out on stage and start hunting swans and ducks with rifles and blood hounds! Every time I see that I think I'm going to faint I'm laughing so hard! One of the best all time movies ever made, and should have one an Academy Award for best comedy of it's time. A classic that will most assuredly go down in history!

I give this movie a 5 out of 5
dcrees
July 31, 2008
It's a modern day Marx Brothers film! And I laughed as much as I would for a Marx Brother film. I loved it simply because they don't make comedies like this anymore. (And they haven't since this one came out 16 years ago.) If you love the Marx Brothers, you owe it to yourself to see this. It's not 2nd rate. And it captures the spirit and the comedy perfectly.
May 27, 2007
This comedy NEEDS a bigger audience. the one-liners and Turturro's performance will have you in tears laughing. If more people seen it, people won't look at my friend Aaron and I funny when we quote it.
May 26, 2007
I really think this movie is FUNNY. John Turturro throws out one liners so fast, just one after another. A modern day Marx Bros. film. Plus you have to like any film that has claymation in the opening credits.
NSXGuy
May 5, 2007
This is a lesser known "Zucker brothers" film. Well done and hilarious spoof on several Marx Brother's films.
wolverineland
February 25, 2007
This film obviously tries to capture the comic timing and situations you would find in a Marx Brothers movie but there is a reason this film practically hasnt seen the light of day since it came out and that is because it is bad. I like the Zucker Bros. movies for the most part but their homage to the Marx Bros. is just pure crapola. Run away from this movie if it comes near you.
SaginTheWolf
February 4, 2007
A perfectly casted homage to the Marxs Brothers movie. Hats off to John Turturro for playing not a replica of Groucho, but making his own unique version.
March 25, 2013
I thought that this was a great movie, but maybe it was a bit too daring for audiences in the 1990s (forgive me if it sounds egotistical, but I doubt that one in five people of my generation could even name a Marx Brother other than Groucho; I would wager that far fewer, if they saw this movie in the first place, recognized it as a 1990s update of a movie made nearly 60 years prior). Especially the PG audiences who it was aimed at.
Sandy Dandruff
October 7, 2012
Critics usually suck and they prove it again here. Mindless stupidity sells! Don't like to see yourselves on screen?

I see next to no connection to the Marx Brothers' movie but who cares?

The musical number in the jail cell is professional, moving, high caliber talent on display
filmhipster.com
April 20, 2012
A hit and miss madcap parody that echoes the 3 Stooges more than the Marx Brothers.
November 20, 2011
One of my all time greatest favorite films of all time!
October 28, 2011
One of my favorite comedies ever. Ever since I was a kid, have always lost it to the part when the dogs come on stage heh.
June 8, 2011
Was a great trio wish they had done more
Dobby
September 7, 2006
Being a huge Marx Brothers fan, I loved this movie from the start! Granted it's a bit low budget and some of the acting is bad, but aside from that it's hilarious...it's become a cult favorite within my circle of friends.
Mack
February 20, 2004
An overlooked film with great acting by Turturo. Slapstick comedy at its best... unappreciated, as always, by mainstream movie goers who prefer retarded julia roberts movies instead.