Bringing Down the House Reviews

August 1, 2013
Though it's slightly emphatic from the amount of racial humor, Bringing Down the House is a charming comedy. Steve Martin is slick and humorous as only he can do. Combine that with the stylish and pizzazz of one Queen Latifah, along with a sleek amount of supporting actors, you've got yourself quite the cast. 4/5
murphmann93
June 24, 2011
A great feel good comedy!
July 21, 2010
C
ScoopOnline
December 6, 2009
This Movie reminds me a little bit of the Movie House Sitter?
½ June 11, 2009
please please god take Queen Latifas ego down one notch. did her parents HAVE TO name her Queen?? what did they think that would do to her??
middleeasternfilms
½ May 16, 2008
This movie is so fanatically racist at times that, had Steve Martin not been starring in it, I could swear I was watching Roots. And with Eugene Levy co-starring here with his lifelong list of films he's been in (read: every single one ever) it wouldn't surprise me if he was right there alongside James Earl Jones and the guy from Reading Rainbow in Alex Haley's miniseries. But enough about civil rights. Starting out, I didn't expect much at all from this movie, so it came as a total shock to me when I realized early on that this movie was actually pretty funny. Not a classic, but no bad. It ranks right up there with another Martin vehicle, Bowfinger, as pleasantly funny surprises in cinema.
June 12, 2006
Dear Steve Martin, what happened to you? You were in some of the funniest movies of the 80s and you didn't seem to age one bit. Why do they not offer you decent scripts anymore? Why do you do movies like this? Sure, it's not awful, has its moments and it's actually you and Queen Latifah that make this watchable, but somehow I miss the old days. The old racist lady made me laugh a few times too, but for every scene that contained some wonderfully wrong laughs there were two that made me rather embarrassed about the whole flick and the people involved (I am thinking of the ones with you as a rapping gangsta, Steve). Maybe they weren't as bad in the English original, but I can't imagine them having been really funny either.
So please, go back to your roots soon.
Sincerely, a former fan.
jagfire
½ September 30, 2007
Only way this movie's bringing down the house is if Queen Latifah sits on it.
½ July 30, 2007
This movie is more racist than anybody from the south....including me.
½ May 18, 2007
Hilarious. I love Queen Latifah.
January 28, 2007
ew
½ November 9, 2006
Funny and clever...
½ October 4, 2006
overated
May 30, 2006
He's a conservative white man, She's a sister from soul town or something stupid, watch as they tackle the always hilarious comic struggle of: "what happens when black and white people mix together and act like eachother." ho ho
ajaymuthecooldevils
June 2, 2006
Very funny...
xxdebxx
November 28, 2009
Steve Martin is a very uptight lawyer who finds love by constantly emailing a woman who he only knows through the internet. They finally meet and she turns out to be a convict and not what he expects. Eugene Levy (American Pie) plays Steve Martin's assistant lawyer and is simply hilarious. Betty White as the racist neighbor was a little too much for me lol.

It was funny stuff so sit back, relax and have fun with this one.
May 31, 2007
Absolutely entertaining movie. You think it's one thing, and it's another.
June 7, 2007
It's okay... kind of stupid at times. But it is kind of funny.
½ November 14, 2006
Yes, I laughed. A lot. And I'm sorry.
May 31, 2006
Steve Martin has suffered of late, taking roles in stupid movies where his comedy talents are not made use of. Its a shame. Here, its the same as usual. Martin looks the fool, and Latifah can only offer the usual stereotypical dross that she normally does.