Broken Rainbow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Broken Rainbow Reviews

½ July 22, 2014
This documentary chronicles the numerous broken treaties that have crushed Native American culture and destroyed their homeland.
First, I guess I have to say that I agree with this film's thesis: the U.S. government has fucked over the Native Americans and we as Americans are complicit in anti-Native injustices. That said, this film sucks. Its presentation of this thesis is bland, repetitive, and maudlin with a repeating song that might as well be a broken record over the broken rainbow.
Overall, agreeing with a film isn't all it takes to make a good film.
½ December 8, 2008
Oh, I remember this one!!
½ March 16, 2009
This is a doc about the forced relocation of Native Americans, just one more group of peoples on America's long list of, "who can we make hate us forever". There is an annoying song throughout this film that accompanies several montage sequences that really got on my nerves.
½ June 2, 2015
Best Documentary Oscar winner in 1985 is a bit dated by today's standards but still historically important.
April 18, 2011
What a great video! I never knew that this happened to these people! The Gov't should correct their wrong doing! Alot of people made money on the backs of these people. This video should be aired for the world to see!!!! Again 5 stars, well done!

Renee from Maryland