Brothers at War Reviews

½ June 28, 2010
An honest documentary about the lives of American soldiers in Iraq, initially conceived by the filmmaker as a way to portray the routine and experiences of his two brothers serving there, but then growing later into something quite revealing about the relationship between them.
June 23, 2010
this was great for a army film but it did have Marines also. love the real action it showed. got to see more of whats really going on. i hope there are more to come
May 12, 2010
This film is everything that 'The Hurt Locker' wishes it could be, but can't. THIS is the face of war, the ups, the downs, the quick...and the dead. There's no false bravado in 'Brothers At War', but there's much bravery, and courage surrounds you like the very air we breathe. I have such great respect for CPT Rademacher and SGT Rademacher, and their brother, Hollywood ;)
Thank you, guys. I appreciate what you're doing, and why you're doing it. But, I'm biased - The 525th is my old unit.
April 18, 2009
A movie everyone should see especially those in the military or those who have family in the military.
February 27, 2009
It was an amazing movie. Service members, and their loved ones should see this movie. It'll break your heart, but also make you so proud to be an American
May 15, 2011
Amazing, though provoking. Thank you.
½ January 31, 2011
Great documentary that gives you frontline action and short sojourns home by the soldiers. Each group the director goes out to recon with has a stand-out character all their own. The line between civilian life and being on the front line is a chasm some cannot cross. Well done for its ability to stay politically neutral, for the most part, and actual combat footage the director expereinced.
½ June 7, 2010
one reason i liked this film is it shows what these guys go thru in the war and how they khow that they could die and also shows how hard it can be to leave loved ones behind what it showed to me is being a soldier is a very hard task and you also have to make a commitment to serve for your country
½ January 12, 2010
More so a commentary about the war, a little 'behind the scenes' action, but nothing more than the use of too much film. In all seriousness on the war, this does show more than what the media allows although it was quite boring. It dragged on a lot.
May 1, 2009
I'm a veteran of the 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Haiti and 4 yrs on the ground in Bosnia Herzogovina.
This movie catches the spirit of the American Soldier. This apolitical "docu-film" about spirit, family and the country we love.
It would do young Americans a great service to watch this and own up to the responsibility of citizenship.
Good job Jake. Good Job and God bless you for risking your hide to show the American people what our troops do!

T
March 28, 2009
[FONT=Arial] I thought this was a great movie of how soldiers live and survive in war. The fact that it was filmed by a man with two brothers fighting in the war made it that much more personal. It also shows how hard the war affects some soldiers, like his brother Joe and his fiance. I loved it and hope it comes out on video.
½ March 17, 2009
A truly worthwhile documentary - at times funny, at times poignant - at times downright intense! This guy really went through some stuff to
find out what his brothers were doing in Iraq - and got some pretty profound answers. NOT what you expect from a documentary - MUCH more!