Burn

41% Working the Engels: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Burn Reviews

May 9, 2014
I watched this documentary on net flix. I was stunned and watched this is horror at what the fire fighters are having to do and how they have to put themselves at risk by responding to nothing but empty burning buildings. So many people left Detroit that there are empty homes everywhere making for a canvas of sorts for people that have nothing to do buy burn them down. The fire chiefs are horrible and useless and are shown blaming the fire fighters for the buget problems and equitment failures.
December 10, 2013
Depressing documentary about the daily struggles of Detroits Fire Dept.
November 15, 2013
A beautifully shot and informative look at firefighting in Chicago, a city where there fire seems to be winning.
Zach
December 3, 2013
This movie delves into uncharted water, giving the audience a true view of the Detroit Fire Department. Focused on the lives of one fire house, Burn delivers a humanizing tale of courage, honor, and a passion for the job.
October 29, 2013
When I first heard about BURN, i was super excited! I tracked it down online and followed their video trailers, facebook posts, and website postings. I had been following the detroit fire department(living in st. louis, mo) for about 4 years when this came out, so i knew what they were going through. but BURN was amazing! I have been a fire scene photographer and also taking my own video for almost 7 years. My father has been a st. louis firefighter for 18 years so i have been around the fire department all of my life. i saw BURN with all firefighters from the St. Louis area, it was a like a family event! most i knew and some i didn't. it truly paints the picture of our fire service x10 being that Detroit has so many fires. Truly heroes!!!
September 13, 2013
I just wanted to say that this film was amazing. My fiance is a firefighter in a small town volunteer department. I surprised my fiance and did a night get away. I bought the tickets to see it in Hooksette NH and also got a hotel room for the night as it was a long drive from home. I just wanted to share my experience with you. First, i was actually not very excited about it as im not on the department this was a trip planned just for him. From the second i sat down at the movie theater, even being miles and miles away from home, the overwhelming feeling of being surrounded by firefighters was completely comforting because im used to the guys at the station and i've never been anywhere else besides something small like a muster that really makes you feel that feeling of family and brotherhood. After 1 minute into the film I was already sucked into it. Its so sad, i think i cried at least 5 times during the movie. It really touched my heart to see a wife taking care of her husband and standing by him. Also, the sadness of the vacant buildings, the lack of gear, the lack of working equipment, and they still have that bond together. I think that you have single handedly opened up eyes for people that really take things for granted and i thank you for opening my eyes to what is out there. I may be a little more scared for my Fiance after seeing it LOL, but he now has dreams of getting people together and wanted to help and i hope that, that message will reach all around the world and that Detroit and other fire depts like them get the help they need. You guys did a great job with this film i hope that this will help open up peoples eyes and will spread across the world.
September 6, 2013
As a firefighter myself it is great to see a film showing what really goes on. These are the real hero's of the world! Everything you see is REAL. Watch this, own this, you wont regret it I promise!!! Detroit needs our help, this is the start.
September 6, 2013
Fantastic movie! Shows the struggle that the Detroit Fire Department goes through every day. Great example of the emotion that all firefighters go through.
July 17, 2013
I am a supporter, and I loved this movie. The entire audience in the theatre broke into applause at the end of the movie. ;-)
July 17, 2013
Be sure to watch the picture-in-picture commentary. Very instightful.
June 22, 2013
Absolutely amazing, it shows how difficult the jobs of those men really are
Chelsea L.
July 17, 2013
Go see this movie right now. You can thank me later.
June 30, 2013
Fantastican dokumentarac! Svaka preporuka!
Noah F.
April 17, 2013
If you've ever watched a firetruck scream past you with the Q (firetruck siren) blaring and the lights flashing and wanted to know what the men and women inside it are getting ready to do, you need to see this documentary. BURN is the compelling story of the Detroit Fire Department and the brave souls who risk life and limb every day so that others might live. They aren't just fighting fire, even though they see more flame (30,000 live fire calls per year on average) than perhaps any other department in the United States, they also serve as pillars of their community; they're also realtors, contractors, barbers, fathers, husbands, and brothers. They genuinely care about the community they serve because it's where they're from, and it becomes clear quite quickly in the film that they would do anything to see Detroit rise from the ashes of its current economic blight. This is a unique film that will not only bring the viewer along for the call and inside the burning building, but also show you the dedication of all those who serve on the line in Detroit, both to one another and their city. It will also show you the daunting obstacles put in their way by budget cuts and the managers at City Hall, certainly a huge problem in Detroit, but one that is common throughout the country. It doesn't matter if you're from Detroit or not, do all Firefighters a favor: go see this documentary. It might go a little way towards showing you why people put on gear and answer the call.
April 3, 2013
It is a must see...........We don't know how these Firefighter's can get through a day at work, they go over and beyond the call of duty. Run, don't walk to catch this breathtaking film. Our family saw it twice and took most of our family members!
God Bless the Detroit Fire Dept. Still wondering if the Mayor and the City Council took time out to see it ????? My guess would be NO !!
Hutch
March 1, 2013
This documentary was an excellent look at a decaying city. First responders doing too much with too little, a city determined to destroy itself and a handful of guys that refuse to quit. Often angering, often sad but always true to their plight.

As a firemen and an EMT in a similar (though not nearly as bad) urban environment I feel for these guys and worry about this spreading our way. Unfortunately for first responders the "911 bubble" has burst. There was a time when money flooded Fire Departments, Police Departments and EMS agencies following those horrific events. But years have passed, we've been relatively safe and no one cares as much any more...now those three branches are viewed as a burden on the budget or "part of the problem" when it comes to overtime and other abuses in government. It's really very sad, but I digress...this film is a must see, especially for those not in the service. Like they say in the film "when did we (police and firemen) become the enemy?"
February 27, 2013
A must see and not just for the fire world. GO OUT AND WATCH IT TODAY!
February 26, 2013
To call it a movie wouldn't do it justice. This was an awesome eye opening film.
February 26, 2013
Awesome. It was a full range of emotions watching the film. The story needs to be seen by all. Thank you to Walt Harris for your ultimate sacrifice. And Doogie will be paying the ultimate price for the rest of his life. You owe it to these guys, GO SEE THIS FILM. You won't be sorry.
February 26, 2013
Great movie to show the real side of firefighting not that fake crap