74% Hercules Jul 25

76% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Butcher's Wife Reviews

Lucas M

July 29, 2012
That's one of the reason why I hate several romantic comedys.
kysparkleangel
November 3, 2008
Demi Moore is so kooky and loveable and Jeff Daniels is so sweet. Its a little messed up but all in all a great movie.
April 13, 2007
This is so awesome.. Demi Moore is perfect and adorable as Marina.. everyone was perfect.. Great Story, great acting, and great feeling..
Lucas M

July 29, 2012
That's one of the reason why I hate several romantic comedys.
Robyn M.
August 22, 2012
The Butcher's Wife is a perfect example of what NOT to do when making a fantasy themed movie.
What drew my attention in the first place was the witchcraft factor, theirs something inticing about magic. However this film lacked a special potion or spell to keep me fixated. Demi Moore does what she's best at being a pretty face, with a vacant stare and lack of being intuned to her role. I wasn't convinced by her acting, or the storyline. Don't waste your time.
Kevin H.
October 12, 2011
This is one of those films that I would generally find irritatingly boring and bad. I'm not a fan of Demi Moore as she's never done anything that's made me go 'Wow!'

However, I have to say that I actually enjoyed this movie for what it was. It's a romantic fantasy wracked with all sorts of bad cliche. As a movie that's bathed in sappiness this one does the trick. The acting isn't terribly good, but it manages to find some kind of redeeming heart.

If there is any message to this pretty good garbage its that maybe just when we think we found the right person were meant to be with, it turns out we were wrong and its actually someone else.

This is also the failing of the movie which should've been taken a little more seriously. Still it wasn't as bad as the critics made it out to be. Some of us like this crap.
jazza923
February 17, 2008
In spite of the less than stellar reviews and Demi Moore as a blonde, I found this to be a charming fantasy. Granted, it has some flaws, primarily predictability, but I liked the cast and think they did a fine job. Good fun.
Virus
February 3, 2008
I have to yet to be impressed by Demi Moore. Very uneven performance. Dull, uneven, and not funny.