• PG-13, 1 hr. 46 min.

—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Bye Bye Love Reviews

Red L

October 25, 2008
I liked this movie. The three divorced men care about their children, and have difficulties with dating after their divorce. The kids more-or-less understand the difficulties of divorce, so I see the movie as providing some hope for a lousy situation.
Jason S

January 8, 2008
This is good. The story deals with a lot of characters but doesn't feel full or rushed. All of the characters are normal people and you can see why they are in the positions they are in. I liked seeing the journey of these people and the end was nice to see.
Joseph E

August 23, 2009
Very disturbingly and shockingly, I enjoyed this Mild/Family Comedy. It was a paticularly a warm-your-heart comdedy, than a laugh-your-frickin'-ass off, Piss your pants comedy. Modine and Quaid make this one enjoyable flick.
ashley h

August 3, 2007
A comedy about the ups and downs of divorce in the 90's. It can only really be understood if you've been through a divorce either as a parent or child. Its really great and Reiser and Quaid are great.
Sunil J

July 23, 2008
We watched Bye Bye Love in my Human Relationships class and it was the only movie I disagreed with my professor on(the Story of Us and When Harry Met Sally were also shown). He saw it as a wonderful story about fathers dealing with divorce but my friends and I found it very annoying. It's so sterotypical with its characters. I would recommend Parenthood for a better film about family frustrations. The only reason to see this movie is Janeane Garofalo who is one of the only likable and funny characters.
iLeo
iLeo

December 25, 2007
Fantastic movie!
BantamDraper
April 18, 2010
A cute film following several people in different situations in life. It mostly revolves around relationships, whether its between men and women or parents and their children. A funny, heartfelt movie.
changleeninja
June 24, 2007
Amber Benson and Eliza Dushku in pre-Buffy days...Nice comedy where not everything has a happily ever after.
zeiko18
January 21, 2007
There's a scene in this movie wherein Matthew Modine tearfully confides to Paul Reiser that he knows that, by definition, he has indelibly harmed his children by divorcing their mother. It's an unbearably honest and real scene in an overall useless film that almost makes it worth watching. Also, there's a great performance by Jeneane Garofalo and excellent Everly Brothers music.
rove4me
October 28, 2006
Check out the cast in this movie! Tara from Buffy! Faith from Buffy! Mr. James from NewsRadio has a cameo! Janeane Garafolo, who appeared on NewsRadio once is in it! Jack Black has a cameo, too, and he wasn't even on one of my favorite tv shows. Decent, funny film.
February 13, 2012
There aren't a lot of romantic comedies geared towards men. This is one of them, and it really works. While it might not be the best movie, it's a damn entertaining film. The cast of divorced men, Paul Reiser, Matthew Modine and Randy Quaid, have great chemistry together.
markandleann
May 21, 2007
There are a few not-fun-to-watch conflicts between Paul Reiser's character and his daughter (they thankfully work it all out of course). But this movie is mostly a comedy and it is very funny: Janeane Garofalo and especially Randy Quaid are great in this!
jennifer's picks & pa
January 31, 2007
More crappy movies I've seen. One day I might get every movie I've seen rated. Okay probably not. Here are some bad ones......with not much to say.

[b]Breaking the Rules - 1/10

[/b]Director - Neal Israel

Starring - C. Thomas Howell, Jason Bateman, Jonathan Silverman, Annie Potts.

[b]Backtrack - 3.5/10

[/b]Director - Dennis Hopper

Starring - Dennis Hopper, Jodie Foster, Dean Stockwell, Vincent Price, John Turturro, Joe Pesci, Charlie Sheen.

[b]Black Sheep - 1.5/10

[/b]Director - Penelope Spheeris

Starring - David Spade, Chris Farley, Tim Matheson.

[b]Bye Bye Love - 4/10

[/b]Director - Sam Weisman

Starring - Paul Resier, Matthew Modine, Randy Quaid, Janeane Garofalo.

[b]Casper - 3/10

[/b]Director - Brad Silberling

Starring - Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy Moriarty, Eric Idle.
treygirl
March 25, 2006
Really underrated film! The story follows 3 divorced fathers dealing with relationships, children, dating, and their ex's,with help from radio personality, Dr.Townsend...check it out!
jazza923
December 19, 2005
Not sure why this film isn't more well liked, I found it extremely entertaining. All the performances are great, especially Janeane Garafalo and Randy Quaid. Well written and directed, very funny. Moves at a great pace. Great fun.
Tin
June 28, 2005
I Love This Movie You Guys!