Cadet Kelly Reviews

July 24, 2010
It was nothing special, but coming from the family channel it was good enough to be called "GOOD", in a small way!
3niR
January 28, 2010
It was nice. I like Hillary Duff.
½ October 21, 2008
As much as I hate Hilary Duff, my heart goes out to her when she's out there in the mud jumping through logs or whatever because that brunette bitch is jealous of her man.
½ August 6, 2008
January 28, 2007
HAHA
xxdebxx
June 16, 2011
Hilary Duff plays 14 year old Kelly Collins, a girl who doesn't care for anything except herself and is known for causing disasters. Her mom is about to be married to Joe (Gary Cole) a soldier who runs a cadet school and with that in mind, they send Kelly there to learn how to be responsible. At first she hates it because her cold-hearted tough-as-nails captain Jennifer Stone( Christy Carlson) makes Kelly life totally impossible but then she makes friends, and falls in love with a hot guy Brad Rigby (Shawn Ashmore who just so happens to be Jennifer's BF )
May 2, 2007
Wow. Only seen this story and these characters 1000 times.
October 22, 2013
...You never realize how cheesy these Disney Channel Original Movies are until you rewatch them as an adult. Even just looking at the DVD cover, I should have known better. The film does precisely what it was designed to do: It is a family-friendly film with plenty of cheesy laughs and a stepping stone for Hilary Duff toward the big screen. I'm still trying to figure out who thought it was a good idea to make Gary Cole ("Office Space") into a military general, though I suppose that all common sense gets thrown out the window when creating a made-for-tv movie. Regardless of the acting, the story literally induced my gag reflex on a few occasions. The story sets itself up to be cheesy but the characters could have developed through realistic circumstances. There is no need for the typical "father is trapped on the side of a cliff so the main character has to use everything that she has learned throughout the film to rescue him" routine. The ending also goes an unnecessary distance beyond "reasonable cheese," leaving that sense of wasted time as the credits role. I love Hilary Duff but I much prefer her "real movies" over this hogwash.
October 16, 2008
I love it! But then again, I love all movies starring Hilary Duff :p It is funny and cute. For a Disney movie I think it is perfect. Not the plot or the actions you would expect.
½ January 26, 2009
hiliary duff usually does great in her movies, but i was kind of disappointed by this movie. it wasn't the worst, but it isn't that good.
October 31, 2008
Cadet Kelly was pretty good. I don't have much more to say. except it seemed so corny i can't believe i liked it at alll
½ September 21, 2008
The only good this movie ever did was it helped me identify Shawn Ashmore as the curly-haired guy Eric in the Ruins.
July 29, 2008
i think disney is where it;s at they do not put out a bad movie whether released to the theators or directly to video or tv.
January 25, 2008
Excellent Military ROTC drill team action makes this worth watching, ignore the silly dramatics and resume building by cute Duff and Carlson "Kim Possible" Romano. (Did you figure out I used to be on a rifle drill team in High School yet?/;-)
½ December 30, 2007
Hilary Duff, why does your face look so obese in that picture? I will give this one more star than it deserves because of the sweet ribbon dancing at the end.
December 28, 2007
Kinda cool.Not really something you could watch many times though,I've seen it several times and it's boring now.But like the gun routines were pretty cool and the ending was good.
½ November 15, 2007
Painfully bad. I finished watching this only b/c I was hoping the final drill team sequence would be redeeming. No such luck.
September 6, 2007
a highly preppy girl going to an all military school thats funny. she learns how to become more responsible and learns to watch what she says cadet kelly is about learning how to move on even though you may not want to.. i love it
½ July 10, 2007
I know... call me crazy, but its not so bad. I do think its pretty immature, but if there is nothing else on, I'll watch it.