Call Me Claus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Call Me Claus Reviews

½ December 26, 2010
It was okay - one of those movies that's good for background while doing other Christmas activities.
½ December 16, 2013
It could have been done better, but it still brought a perfect combination of drama and well written comedy.
May 31, 2011
Typical holiday movie. Santa is at the end of his reign and must find replacement. His replacement does not believe in him and is not the nicest person on earth. He must help her to believe. Typical but I still think it's a cute holiday movie.
½ November 27, 2009
Great little holiday film. As everyone will come to realise from my reviews, I am a sucker for holiday films. Holidays films are so comforting, even though most are filled with the cliches, like this one.
Here Whoopi Goldberg plays Lucy, a TV producer, who doesn't care much for Christmas, mainly because of an incidant that occured one Christmas Season.
She runs into Santa, who is on a deadline to find a new Santa Claus, or else the world will once again be flooded.
Like I said above, the story is very much cliche after cliche, but its handled very well. Goldberg tends to play the character as a sort of Scrooge like person, with little compasion for those around her.
The stories flaw for me is that it seems to run pretty quick, you meet several characters, but don't get to really know them and before you know it, their problem is solved.
The ending of course is a happy one, like most holiday films you can't have a sad ending. Sit back and watch this film and if you need an excuse let the kids stay up late.
3 out of 5 stars, because of the holiday factor..HO, HO, HO
November 26, 2008
Whoopi makes a wonderful Scrooge in this unusual take to the bah humbug story. It is closer to Ernest than to A Christmas Carol so be ready to laugh.
December 23, 2014
'Call Me Claus' has it's tender, funny and clever moments, but the only major negative is that the story is a rip-off of 'Ernest Saves Christmas' where Santa Claus has to find a new Santa to replace him
½ December 16, 2013
December 15, 2013
Just awful. Can see why this was a TV movie.
December 22, 2012
nice holiday family movie
½ October 29, 2012
Not bad, not the best Christmas film, bu not bad.
February 27, 2012
Great film for christmas time, totally loved it. One of Whoopi Goldbergs best films ^^
December 28, 2011
I know this movie's writer/producer he is awesome and this movie rocks!
½ December 10, 2011
Great movie for getting in the holiday spirit.
May 31, 2011
February 12, 2011
this looks so stupid oh my god.
½ December 26, 2010
½ December 23, 2010
I loved this movie and the concept, Whoopi was outrageous as usual, I think the ending was a little bit far-out but other than that it was a sweet movie :)
December 4, 2010
Jumping jingle bells and white dreads, from Kristmas Korner to the North Pole.
December 12, 2009
You know what , this wasn't all that bad, sure its cheesy Christmas stuff thats been done 1 million times, but it's a real nice feel good movie, that both the kids and myself enjoyed.