Can't Buy Me Love Reviews

January 20, 2008
This movie has always been a favourite of mine. I realise it's not technically a *great* movie, but it is so 80's and has a great message about being true to yourself. It also shows the triviality of being popular in high school.
Amanda Peterson and Patrick Dempsey are perfectly cast. Amanda still looks beautiful in her 80's get up, even by today's standards.
There's also a very young Seth Green as the annoying little brother.
I remember this was one of the very first movies I ever rented, on VHS, back in the day. We weren't well off growing up, so I was 14 before we ever got a VHS recorder. Renting a movie was such a treat and I remember being so excited to see this. (Okay, sad childhood. Lol). I guess that also adds to my affection for this movie, but I think it really is a decent teen movie. Anyone who likes a good teen or 80's movie should enjoy it.
½ September 16, 2011
Silly, but that bring an old nostalgic feeling.
movieguru12
February 18, 2008
African Anteater Ritual...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a classic 80s comedy, and Patrick Dempsey was so cute in this and Amanda Peterson was adorable as well !!! :) Just great! An 80s classic! :) Love it! (:
September 6, 2010
I really liked this silly teen comedy, it's funny and cool. If you like 80s teen movies you should really check it out.
June 11, 2007
Enjoyable 80s teen comedy with a heart.
sanjurosamurai
January 3, 2007
the best roamantic movie from the 80's, every one wanted to date cindy mancini. classic and fun.
July 26, 2007
I was like Patrick Dempsey in high school.
thmtsang
July 14, 2007
Patrick's character is a bit of a nerd. He wants to be cool.
½ February 28, 2007
Another childhood favourite, underdog becomes popular
½ January 30, 2007
The usual boy wants girl so he buys the girl movie. But this one has heart. And Patrick Dempsey.
½ December 12, 2006
One of my favorite movies. It is so sweet and cute. Oh yeah... I also love Dempsey.
March 27, 2014
The '80s romantic comedy Can't Buy Me Love is a lighthearted and entertaining cult classic. Starring Patrick Dempsey and Amanda Peterson, the story follows a science nerd who tries to break into the cool clique by paying the head cheerleader to act like she's dating him for a month. The performances are pretty good and come off as real characters and not just cliched, high school stereotypes (though there are a few of those in the bunch as well). And the film does its best to prevent its message of being yourself and getting along from getting too cheesy, though at times it's a little too afterschool specially. It's aged a bit, but Can't Buy Me Love is still a fun and quirky romance.
June 14, 2010
Seriously>? You sure the Director isn't Steve"I Make Trash"Rash?
John2223
October 24, 2007
Is not exactly unpredictable but it makes have lot of fun and it holds the interest throughout. The dialogue is often funny and at other times touching.
"Can't Buy Me Love" holds up well for its age and still maintains a positive message.
FanadFilmsProduction
May 20, 2007
I love this movie. I think it is so sweet. Seth Sucked in it!
iLeo
½ April 12, 2007
Still a personal favorite. A movie from my childhood.
February 15, 2010
Totally unrealistic, although I realize it's meant to be silly. It was interesting to see a young Patrick Dempsey, but this is not an essential eighties comedy. (First and only viewing - 11/2/2014)
½ September 6, 2012
Dempsey has Charisma to pull off a performance that will have you wanting a sweet boyfriend like him or him.
December 4, 2011
½ December 27, 2010
Good movie with an interesting story and entertaining characters.
Being popular in high school might seem like the most important thing but as Ronald (Patrick Dempsey) discovers, there might be some things that are more important.