Captain Kidd and the Slave Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain Kidd and the Slave Girl Reviews

jjnxn
½ June 19, 2011
Slipshod balderdash obviously made on the cheap is unmemorable unless you are interested in seeing a young and very beautiful Eva Gabor or the Skipper from Gilligan's Island in his early days. Anthony Dexter's beard is beyond fake and distracts anytime he is on the screen.
bbcfloridabound
March 7, 2011
When I saw the title of this movie I didn't think I would watch it for more then 20 Minutes, I was wrong very wrong MGM has released this under there Limited Edition Series, But film openings show it being a United Artist Picture. Made in 1954 with a host of actors and actresses. Anthony Dexter Plays Captain Kidd and Eve Gabor is the Slave Girl. Also in the movie is Alan Hale Jr (Gilligan's Island Captain), and the mighty fine Sonia Sorrell playing Anne Bonney ( Sorrell on played in one other movie 17 years later in Harold and Maude. This film is about Captain Kidd being caught and hanged but he isn't dead and those in charge set him up to follow him back to his buried treasure. We see all the antics along the way, including putting up with Eva Gabor who couldn't be a slave girl if she tried. Still its a great classic, and anyone who enjoys those old Black & White Movies shouldn't miss this one. 4 Stars.
May 23, 2009
I like older movies, but this one's title is a little decieving. The only "girl" in it, didn't show up til 3/4 way through the movie, and she certainly wasn't a slave.
May 15, 2009
This movie is not what the movie info describes. The story line is well down. The pace stays fast & the plot stay thick.
jjnxn
½ June 19, 2011
bbcfloridabound
March 7, 2011
May 29, 2009
The Synapsis is for a different movie! Not this one! The name of the movie is also wrong! It is a good movie! Just not the one for the title!
May 23, 2009
May 15, 2009
May 13, 2009
The movie was good! Woud have liked to have seen it in color