• PG-13, 1 hr. 44 min.
  • On DVD:    Sep 3, 2002

Captain Ron Reviews

Lucas M
½ January 10, 2012
Very silly and occasionally funny, Captain Ron is not a recommendable movie but is, at the same time, an unforgettable cult comedy. Who is fan of Martin Short, like I'm, is good to know this rare dumb picture.
Conner R
November 19, 2009
A completely corny attempt at a comedy. While Kurt Russell is undeniably funny, that is literally the only thing this film has going for it. The plot is horrible and the acting from everyone else is terrible. It's almost just sad at how cheap and throw away this movie is.
Anthony L
September 29, 2009
Not great but I like Martin Short!
sanjurosamurai sanjurosamurai
November 28, 2007
this movie was entertaining enough to get through but it was incredibly silly. ok watch.
puffchunk puffchunk
½ October 4, 2007
what would we do without captain ron?
garyX garyX
June 1, 2007
Family comedy in which Martin Short feels his manhood threatened by an orange Kurt Russell in a posing pouch. Who wouldn't? The best review quote they could come up with for the DVD cover was "funny". Which is half right. At best.
James A
March 20, 2006
Watch this movie just to see them play hide the salami in the shower!
Dann M
September 21, 2012
Captain Ron is a hilarious cult comedy that delivers a ton of laughs. When Martin Harvey inherits a yacht he takes his family to the Caribbean to claim it, and hires Captain Ron, a local seaman, to help him learn to sail and get the ship seaworthy. Kurt Russell and Martin Short lead the cast and deliver great performances; Russell in particular does an outstanding job with the role of Captain Ron, creating a tremendously charismatic and fun character. At times the film is a little formulaic, but for the most part the writing is fresh and puts a new spin on the family vacation comedy. Outrageously funny and incredibly entertaining, Captain Ron delivers a ton of laughs in this high seas adventure.
DrStrangeblog DrStrangeblog
March 3, 2009
Kurt Russell is inherently likable in these rougish comedy roles, 'Overboard' another example.
iLeo iLeo
December 12, 2007
Hilarious!
Lee K
September 24, 2007
i love kurt russell and this is one of the reasons why
Justin C May 17, 2010
Sometimes posters and write-ups really kill a movie for me, this movie is much better than one would suspect by simply gazing at it in a video store.
HereComeDaAmish HereComeDaAmish ½ April 25, 2009
Yup, imagine Snake Plissken starring opposite Goldie Hawn in Overboard and you end up...with this. Not Kurt Russell's brightest moment...
thescunk thescunk ½ November 12, 2007
A funny movie, somewhat. Despite the occasional cuss word, it's really a family movie. As a matter of fact, l think they threw in just enuff cuss words just so they could get a PG-13 rating and draw a bigger crowd.
LeifSkywalker LeifSkywalker November 1, 2007
A really really funny, feel-good movie. The only reason it doesn't get a higher rating is because it can't quite decide whether it wants to be a family comedy or an adult comedy.
Kim P July 15, 2007
One of the films I grew up watching, and I've yet to grow tired of it. Martin Short is amazing, and Kurt Russell gets to show off his under used comedic chops. The plot is very original and is made even funnier by the preformances.
Russell D June 14, 2007
Shitty, but awesome. And quotable. For example: "Incentives are important, boss. Learned that in rehab."
sinoflust sinoflust June 9, 2007
I remember liking this as a kid, and hey...I like the cast now, though I haven't seen this in years.
kimstratt1766 kimstratt1766 February 18, 2007
Good Movie! Kurt Russell, who is another one of my favorite actors, and Martin Short do a superb job in this movie.
MarkChase2009 MarkChase2009 January 1, 2007
Kurt Russell has done much better in his career. But I guess a payday is a payday when it comes to actors doing these kind of movies!