27% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Car Wash Reviews

AJ V

September 6, 2010
Not quite what I expected from what I'd heard about it, but it's a good movie. It has some really funny scenes, and good music.
Anthony L

September 29, 2009
One star for five minutes of Richard Pryor! The rest is quite boring.
Daniel H

June 15, 2007
A fine blaxploitation-era comedy, which juggles an amazing number of characters with almost no confusion whatsoever, with subplots and a jokes on as many different levels of appeal as there are characters. Lively and entertaining.
lesleyanorton
lesleyanorton

November 12, 2009
Take a whole bunch of lively characters, shove em in a bag, shake em up a bit and then dump em out in a car wash for a day, and this is what you get. Cracking good fun to watch, and of course a killer soundtrack.
iLeo
iLeo

July 10, 2008
Great!
sleepykiss
May 21, 2011
"The best place for money... is right here in my pocket."

I loved this movie as a kid, I thought it was sooo funny. All these different stories intersect at the car wash: Richard Pryor & the Pointer Sisters were young & sexy and Prof Irwin Corey was hilarious (how can anyone forget the Pee Bomb? lol.) With Melanie Mayron, George Carlin & Antonio Vargas.
December 3, 2009
So many great stars in this movie who sadly...this was their best film. I give the film 3 stars cause it has its moments. Richard Pryor is only in the movie for 10 lines and a couple of Amens. There really is no story, just a silly ass day at the car wash. I wish mine was like this, i would wash the car more often.
16g
April 12, 2009
i love this movie alot!!!!!!!! it's a day at a LA Car Wash and it was vey funny!!!!!!!!!!! i love the title song too alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 25, 2008
this is the great movie of the 1970's plot in employee who been working in car wash business called dee-luxe car wash in l.a. starring richard pryor is only one scene as daddy rich and lorraine gary(of "jaws")cameo with the kid who vomit on her in the car and she start to crying sort of funny scene.
BeAngieBe
March 24, 2009
My All Time Favorite Movie in the whole wide world. Marlene the Hooker is my favorite charactor along with Richard Pryor and the FLYYYYYY..Buzzzzz...
Ken D

February 1, 2009
A pointless, but fun little movie. Even though Pryor and Carlin are featured, they have very little screen time. Unforgettable characters and an awesome soundtrack make this film something to watch.
manly500usa
February 10, 2008
Car Wash is about a close-knit group of black employees who one day have all manner of strange visitors coming onto their forecourt, including Richard Pryor as a preaching 'wonder-man' who is loved by most but loathed by one, and a man who looks like a thief by the way he is holding his bottle, but it is really his urine sample as he is off to the hospital. T.C's love life takes a turn for the better and the songs keep coming.
adamhastings
June 3, 2007
A movie about people goofing off at work. I can only name a handfull for these types of movies, and I gotta say that they are my absolute favorite. The day to day life of the folks working at a car wash. This just goes to show that you never know what people are saying, doing, or hearing while thier arent doing thier job at work.
missmusic20
May 10, 2007
this is just as much as historical movie about black folks in the 70's as it is a comedy. it's a must see. if you love history, you'll read ten thousand different things into this!
Grimjack1
April 29, 2007
Classic 70's flick that's funny as hell. Alot of careers were launched from this one. George Carlin's first film!
berlinalexanderplatz
February 12, 2007
Don't be fooled by the billing on this film. Richard Pryor is only in it for about 5 minutes. But that's not to say that this film should not be viewed by just about everyone. Car Wash is definitely just as much a chronicle of the times, as it is the day that the story covers. What you really have is a series of vignettes revolving around the employees of a late seventies Los Angeles car wash. Very cool movie that really influenced a culture as well as a generation of filmmakers, storytellers and actors.
bluesradio
December 8, 2006
Talk about all time classic comedies this is definitely one and if you like the sound of the 70's and all that great dance music the sound track is AWESOME!!!!
starlett2005
May 4, 2013
Car Wash is a funny film. It is about a close-knit group of employees who work at a car wash. Franklyn Ajaye and Richard Pryor give excellent performances. The script is well written. Michael Schultz did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor. Car Wash is a must see.
January 27, 2013
Lots of simultaneous story lines keep the movie from falling flat;