Careless - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Careless Reviews

August 16, 2010
I spose they Cared Less if we cared about this film. I didn?t like the lead character, he annoyed the crap out of me. There were some redeeming parts though. If you really like indie comedies, you?ll enjoy this one-for you I give it 3 stars. For me, most of it was just kind of lame.
June 14, 2009
This movie was pretty crazy and random. This guy finds a finger in his apartment and instead of calling the cops he decides to keep it. It's so weird. However, the acting is great and the story really is interesting enough to keep you watching.
May 6, 2009
Colin Hanks is the only reason I liked this movie. I like him more and more with every movie I see him in and his acting abilities are getting stronger with each one. His fuzzy little beard was cute in this too. :P The plot left something to be desired as it kept fumbling about. It felt like somebody was writing it from scene to scene, instead of having it all cleverly planned out before. I wasn't fond of Rachel Blanchard either. She's pretty and all, but it drives me crazy when people pronounce words ending in -ing like they end in -een.
March 25, 2009
Careless is the story of Wiley Roth. Wiley works in a book store and doesn't get out much. One day while doing the dishes, Wiley steps on a severed human finger on his kitchen floor. (Yes you read that right.) He becomes obsessed with finger and figuring out who it belongs to and how it got there. Strangely enough, he then meets Cheryl, the girl with 9 fingers.
OK, what kind of pot were they smoking when they wrote this piece of crap? And did they share it with the actors when they let them read the script? That must have been some pretty good stuff, to keep them stoned the whole time they were filming. No one seemed to notice that hey this story really sucks and this is a horrible waste of time.
Careless was a great title for this train wreck, since everyone involved in it seemed to be just that.
When I saw the cast, I thought it might be good. Collin Hanks, Rachel Blanchard and Tony Shalhoub. Who doesn't love Monk? Well, I was wrong, it was a huge pointless waste of time. I can't even count how many things I found wrong with this movie.
I would rather watch two hours of Barney the dancing retarded dinosaur then sit through this movie again.
January 3, 2009
This film was pointless and meandering. Setting up the charcaters took 25 minutes, and the film was going nowhere when the second act begins with the finger, the natural conclusion to the movie should have been at 55 min. Unfortunately it contines for the third act and reveal, which I didn't care about. This too, should have ended this film, but it goes on with a bandaid at the end to try to reframe the premise for the film. UUGH. Had the film began with the new premise it might have provided a framework for the director to tell a coherent story.
½ February 18, 2010
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
½ March 5, 2013
crap..dont care to watch it..
December 7, 2010
Certain moments in this very odd almost awesome film are funny. The characters are so close to absoluetly being perfect that I accepted the "off-ness".Careless left some questions unanswered,but I found that this made the film interesting. I liked it, and I am a Colin Hanks fan. Check it out if you have time for an interesting movie.
August 16, 2010
½ July 12, 2009
This was very bizarre. It was pretty entertaining, but I didn't really like the ending.
June 14, 2009
½ June 10, 2009
great, but i wish they would have revealed how the finger got into his kitchen.
May 6, 2009
March 25, 2009
January 3, 2009
December 5, 2008
Off-beat comedy? Bizarre...
October 18, 2008
interesting little film...

i stumbled upon it... kind of funny....

weird, definitely
½ September 4, 2008
why did they make this movie???
½ August 28, 2008
This film was, well, very quirky. Colin Hanks is becoming a good fit for his fathers' shoes in regard to his good acting abilities. Rachel Blanchard (TV's Clueless fame), also adds to the mystery and allure of the movie.
July 5, 2008
An okay quirky romantic comedy, with the very likable leads of Colin Hanks and Rachel Blanchard.

The film tries really hard to be an idiosyncratic indie and overshoots. Trying too hard is never cool. It's almost like: "Hey, I'm a quirky indie film, love me!"

Overall, it's a one-trick pony that is lucky enough to have interesting characters.