Casper: A Spirited Beginning - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casper: A Spirited Beginning Reviews

September 6, 2010
I only watched this because it went along with the other two Casper movies, but it's a prequel, most prequels aren't good, and this is no exception. It has a bit of the charm from the first two, but overall it's just so-so.
ScoopOnline
December 11, 2009
Casper is timeless
½ September 10, 2009
"Casper - A Spirited Beginning" isn't anything like the first Casper movie and it isn't as good, but it's still a good movie in its own way. In this movie, Casper befriends a 10-year-old boy who believes in ghosts. The boy is the only person that's not scared of Casper, so they become best friends. The bad thing is that the boy's father is real busy and never seems to pay attention to his son, and the worst of all, the father has a plan to tear down an old haunted mansion so the town can have a new shopping center. However, nobody seems to like the idea of getting rid of the old mansion.
"Casper - A Spirited Beginning" is a good movie in most ways. Casper and the same 3 ghosts that were in the first Casper movie are back in this one along with a bunch of new ghosts including one that looks like a huge version of Slimer from The Ghostbusters. "Casper - A Spirited Beginning" has an interesting plot, parts of it are funny, and it has good animated effects such as an old graveyard and a train with a skull on the front of it. If you like Casper movies, I recommend getting "Casper - A Spirited Beginning." It's a new beginning to a new kind of Casper movies, and it's good. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000.
August 6, 2007
Cool
½ September 2, 2014
I thought it would be better than the first. Stupid, I would rather watch a ernest movie than this. I like the tv show better. I hope casper meets Wendy is better. Terrible.
January 25, 2012
And this marks the second time Steve Guttenberg has given me a movie to review that has a 0% Fresh Rating on Rotten Tomatoes. At least it's better than watching any Police Academy.
August 11, 2011
This film has horrible effects and doesn't even come close to the 1995 version. And what really bothers me is that the kid doesn't even get scared when he sees casper, he actually gets happy. That kid has some issues. Yeah it's not very good.
½ January 28, 2010
casper a fun sequel with rodney dangerfield it is a fun casper film it was funny and remember this as a young child
½ December 28, 2009
Casper: A Spirited Beginning fails to impress its audience and doesn't know how to hold an audiences attention very long.
December 2, 2009
Well this what happens when a great film is given a rushed prequel, with none of the original actors and a new continuity. This prequel or perhaps restart is an okay film. Its not horrible, but it was direct to video and you can tell from every little part of the film. It plays very much like one of those ABC Fsmily original movie in terms of the looks of the scenes.
I enjoyed this film, but regardless of what they say its in continuity with, its a film on its own. I mean where will you ever see Paulay Shore and James Earl Jones participate in a film together, even if it is just voice work.
3 out of 5 stars
February 2, 2009
I am pretty sure that at some point I watched this. I really loved all the Casper movies was I was a kid.
January 2, 2009
Wasnt as good as the first Casper movie at all,and the special effects in this one were not as good.The story was fine,I just didnt enjoy it as much.Stick with the first Casper film.
½ February 16, 2008
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
½ January 2, 2008
excellent children's movie. haven't seen the original, but this one is great, especially with James Earl Jone as as another villain and Lori Laughlin as a motherly figure in a young boy's life.
July 20, 2007
Loved this movie when it first came out, I haven't really watched it lately. I liked Shannon Chandler because she was in Beetle Borgs and it was the first time I saw her in something that wasn't related.
½ July 8, 2007
Really? She *SPOILERS* gets with the ghost?
There was one part that made me laugh, though--"Come with me if you want to live."
April 22, 2005
JUST WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT FROM A FILM WITH THIS TITLE. A HARMLESS FAMILY FILM WHICH DOESN'T OFFER MUCH FOR ADULTS. BLAH. THERE ARE SOME FUNNY MOMENTS, BUT NOT OFTEN ENOUGH.
February 15, 2015
Absolutely cringeworthy. Oh god Steve Guttenberg, how could you.
½ September 2, 2014
November 23, 2009
Worse in every respect. Bad effects acting and plot just dumb