—— The Identical Sep 05

Catch That Kid Reviews

LWOODS04
LWOODS04

July 11, 2009
Cast: Kristen Stewart, Corbin Bleu, Max Thieriot, Jennifer Beals, Sam Robards, John Carroll Lynch, James LeGros, Stark Sands, Kevin G. Schmidt, Meagen Fay, Audrey Wasilewski, Michael Des Barres, Christine Estabrook

Director: Bart Freundlich

Summary: Three specialists in their fields -- a rock climber, a computer genius and a mechanical wiz -- take on the nearly impossible task of robbing one of the world's most impenetrable banks in order to save an ailing father. Their plan is foolproof, their methods are ingenious ... and they're not even old enough to drive!

My Thoughts: "The movie is more of a kids film, obviously considering it is a kids film. But it's OK for us adults too. It is sweet to see a daughter go through such extremes for her father. But it's not very realistic. But not much is in kid films. The then kids, Kristen Stewart, Corbin Bleu, and Max Thieriot did a great job in the movie. But I think the kids will enjoy this much more then us adults."
KJ P

April 4, 2010
Alright, yes it is a very basic storyline, but to me, whatever they could do with it, they did to it. The 3 main leads are all upcoming stars, because all of their characters are extremely likable. It is pure family enjoyment, filled with thrills and some very touchy moments! Well worth watching, even if it's only once.
Leigh R

August 21, 2009
Cute and pretty clever. : )
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

February 15, 2009
its a good family movie worth a watch
deano
deano

April 1, 2007
Amazing adventure and funny of kids' heist in a high-tech bank vault.
banzaibrother
banzaibrother

June 8, 2009
Cute film. However the plot was a bit too simplistic for me. I would have liked more twists and turns. The three kids needed to be challenged a bit more in their pursuit of robbing a bank. But it's a good DVD for the entire family on a Friday night.
kriss45frog
September 14, 2008
At first I didn't know Kristen Stewart this movie. I thought it nice deed to help her dad in this movie but didn't know someone will that far. But I love this movie.
July 30, 2008
thee 1st timee i watched it i thought it was really cool.. butt when i watched it again.. i noticedd how corney it was.. butt it was still cool.. "D
SeeinJBinIdahoJune26th
August 1, 2008
This movie was awesome!!! I loved it alot!!!!! I think Maddy should have started going out with Gus at the end.
bottecellie
December 10, 2007
This movie was so stupid!!! The kids get off the hook!!! They don't even get a slap on the wrist!!! Plus people start coming to the place that the girl was trying to save!! STUPID MOVIE!!!
darthsock
November 28, 2007
Yeah I saw it. Did I like it? Not especially. On the cover it said Better than spy kids. It's an insult to even compare it to Spy Kids. Spy Kids has two sequels. Catch that Kid doesn't even have one. Watch this film and you'll know why.
danigirl789
August 24, 2007
This whole cast is just perfect. They work so well together and this movie is so fun and exciting to watch. I never wanted it to end!
lacrickie
June 19, 2007
this movie makes me cry, its so sad how MAddies dad is sick, but i love her 'two boyfreinds' austin and gus.
StageHansonLove
May 23, 2007
the first movie that i saw w/ corbin bleu (loong before high school musical)....boy he was hot. anyway *cough* it was ok, but it seemed just the teensiest bit unrealistic.....haha. ya i wasnt a huge fan, but it was ok. i think that it is more aimed to the preteen age group, and it definitely something 8-10 year olds would enjoy. i reccomend it as something to watch with the kids while babysitting.
corbinbleulover
March 4, 2007
Corbin Bleu was adorable, and I loved the movie, but in reality, those kids could NEVER have robbed that bank. So it was a little too corny. But I still loved it!
ksueboyd
February 13, 2007
Horrible! don't waste your time with this movie that looks like its off the disney channel. Everything is so fake adn nothing is even remotely realistic{ex: the mom makes high security systems for banks and they are poor}. Trying to be like Spykids, but did a bad job.
badmonkey8tink
June 23, 2006
Fairly good. It is a kid version of the Italian job. A good thing to watch when babysitting a sibling.
tso05001
June 8, 2006
Hahaha, kewl, but stupid kids, they were funny. And wow, that baby doesn't talk!? hehe, at least not until he wasn't suppose to.
August 21, 2014
A terrible movie that just gets more and more ridiculous as it goes on. It is not believable at all that 3 teenagers could break into a huge bank with a high tech security system in downtown L.A. and the movie thinks Im just supposed to go along with it, well no sir I think not. The characters are as bland, dull, uninteresting, and one dimensional as they get. The writing and dialogue are terrible, the acting sucks, every joke is cringe worthy and stupid, and the plot becomes too stupid as it goes on. Kristen Stewart, Corbin Bleu, and Max Thierot made for a forgettable team and I didn't care if they ended up stealing the money or getting caught by the police. The security guards were bumbling idiots and whenever they got a perfect chance to catch the kids robbing the bank, they were either doing something stupid or they got interrupted by something. The love triangle between the 3 leads really added to the film's bad and lazy writing. During the go kart chase scene the police couldn't even stop the teenagers from getting away the first time even though L.A is one of the biggest cities in the world and they could have set up road blocks or brought in more reinforcements. I will give the movie only one star because there was a climbing scene that had tension and suspense in it and it surprisingly kept my attention. If you want to watch a believable and good heist movie, watch Oceans Eleven or Fast Five and don't waste your time with this crap.