Cats & Dogs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cats & Dogs Reviews

July 7, 2007
Funny film about how cats and dogs behave. Cats want to rule. They want to make humans allergic to their dogs.
Directors Cat
½ November 5, 2011
The film's concept is quite interesting and Im sure a lot of people would have loved the idea of it. But the film itself is a complete mess. The jokes aren't that great and are rather hit and miss for all the family including the children. There's no development into the character of both the humans and the pet animals.
June 23, 2011
Funny animated film.
½ July 11, 2010
This film is about the war against cats and dogs.
Pros good action and spy parts.
Weak plot
Bad acting
Those cats are bad in this film.
February 28, 2011
Cheesy and a waste of talent
michael e.
February 10, 2011
A kids film of little worth
August 2, 2006
Some kids films have the ability to be better than some of the films suitable for older people - sadly, this is not one of them.

I can see the appeal for kids, it's novel, but I lost interest very early on.
August 28, 2007
07/06/2010 (DVD)

I saw this back in the day when I was still in school and I loved it! I thought I'd go out of my way and hire it cause I am aware that there is a sequel coming soon so I wanna refresh the memory before "Part 2" is out.

Watching this again was quite interesting. The humor is targeted for children so I noticed I didn't laugh as much as I did from what I remembered. It's better if you watch the film from a 9 year old's frame of mind and then you'll start laughing. (I know it sounds dumb but it worked for me)

I reckon this is a worthy check and the whole talking animal thing is truly believable!
January 22, 2007
½ August 2, 2009
whilst it is a great film for children, the film lacks substance, and once past the initial awe of cats and dogs talking, their is nothing much left to look at
½ June 11, 2009
cats and dogs being able talk and have faggy litte wars is not funny... its just stupid... i mean ninja cats??? what did they smokoe to come up with that. ive been studying my sister's cat for a while now and hes anything but ninja-like
½ May 6, 2007
Silly fun. Evil cats versus good dogs in a real animal / CG SFX mash-up movie.
December 30, 2006
A great family fun film that has plenty of humour from a talented cast. The different range of effects used for the Cat and Dogs are great.
February 19, 2007
A brilliant concept mediocrely executed. Nowhere near as funny as it could have been, but still mildly entertaining.
July 5, 2007
Really cute.
½ June 16, 2007
It looks cute, but it's not! The dogs are like American soldiers and the cats are evil foreigners, for an unfunny wargame between the two species. They are given too many human traits to be cute or adorable. The effects are finely done, but I couldn't get into this movie much.
March 1, 2007
Cats and dogs are funny in their employing state of the art, hi-tech Mission Impossible style gadgetry.
½ January 9, 2007
i heard good things, this flick was not very good
December 28, 2006
i only saw "dog"
½ July 25, 2006
i loved watching these little cats and dogs fighting and plotting lol. makes me wonder what my dogs are thinking