Charlie Chan in Paris Reviews

middleeasternfilms
October 2, 2008
Goes along at a fairly good pace, but tends to slow a bit at times. Charlie has a lot of dumb sayings and seems almost too wise. Everyone else seems to have shit-for-brains compared to him. Not horrible, but not great.
½ March 17, 2014
Charlie Chan in Paris (1935)

This third in the surviving Charlie Chan franchise sees Inspector Chan (Warner Oland) not excited to see his #1 son, Lee (Keye Luke in his first Charlie Chan movie) joining him in the excitement of Paris .

The chemistry between Oland and Luke is so good that they are brought back in subsequent movies, and when Oland finally passes away, and they bring in Sidney Toler into the Charlie Chan part, Keye Luke leaves the franchise.

In this movie, Inspector Chan is meeting up with his undercover contact Nardi (Dorothy Appleby) who is posing as an apache dancer, to investigate forged bonds, but she's killed before telling him anything. Inspector Chan finds more clues in Nardi's room, pointing to folks in the Lamartine bank, including Yvette Lamartine (Mary Brian) the daughter of the bank president.

Lee and Yvette's fiancÚ, Victor Descartes (Thomas Beck) are checking out other suspects. Naturally, we see our heros wondering around the typical (studio) streets and sewers of Paris.
½ June 28, 2009
A little above average Charlie Chan mystery, a good mystery, well acted and a nice blend of suspense, comedy and drama. The Paris setting is a plus. It is short, sweet and very enjoyable.
½ July 21, 2005
½ September 28, 2004
Today I had a really frustrating five chapter bio test.. Oh.. Joy. I thought I was going to do really bad.. I'm not sure how I did.. but I dont think I did 'really bad'.. I'm sure I did fine.. I am currently obsessed with Humphrey Bogart.. we watched The Maltese Falcon in my Film class... the film.. had its moments.. I think the directing was very well for the time period at least.. but that man.. has such a presence.. hes gorgeous.. even now.. even in black and white.. even to a girl who could easily be his grand daughter.. Gorgeous. But seriously who names their kid Humphrey?