Chasing Liberty Reviews

movieguru12
April 11, 2008
murphmann93
June 23, 2011
The best 'president daughter' type of film that I've seen. This puts 'First Daughter' to shame. Mandy Moore and Matthew Goode make an adorable couple and I really enjoyed the whole story line despite knowing what the end would be like.
July 27, 2010
Anna Foster has no personality. All I can infer from the past hour and fifty minutes is that she whines, fishes for compliments, and all-around fails at actually taking care of herself. Still, Matthew Goode is rather luscious candy for the eyes and ears. He even gets one of those wildly romantic declarations of love with Britishisms like "adored" and "un-bloody-hinged."
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
½ February 9, 2010
"Every family has a rebel. Even the First Family."

Anna Foster has never had an ordinary life. At eighteen years old, she is the most protected girl in America; she is the First Daughter...

REVIEW
One wonders if the makers of this film didn't ever find out another movie about the same subject was also being released at about the same time as this one, "First Daughter". Obviously, this is a film targeted to young girls who will, without a doubt, love it. Andy Cadiff, its director, doesn't add anything new to the formula these movies follow and the result, while not unpleasant, leaves us with a feeling we have seen it all before.

The film becomes a great travelogue where Anna, the daughter of the American president escapes from Prague with a young man she has met and seems to like. They are supposed to go to Berlin, but obviously, they take the train going south and end up in Venice! Oh well, leave it to the creators of the movie to take the cute Anna all over the continent trying to find herself.

Mandy Moore is a young actress that could do better. One hopes she is not typecast into these young girl she seems to play. The others in the movie do an adequate job. The film best asset the great exteriors one sees throughout the length of the movie.
May 9, 2009
I've seen this type of movie before - President's daughter needs to get away from the constance surveillance and goes on a wild adventure in Europe with no money. Not too realistic, but fun to watch regardless.
ajaymuthecooldevils
May 30, 2007
Well... an ordinary romantic comedy... The great thing from this movie only the places to take pictures... It really makes me wanna travelling...
May 16, 2007
There's quite a few movies about the 'President's daughter' and I do believe Moore and Goode save this one from being a complete disaster. Of course it's absolutely nonsensical that a first daughter should run around Europe, swim naked in Paris, trust total strangers not to mention successfully evade the Secret Service, Moore is a good enough actress to make us see past that and enjoy the ride across the Old World.
December 28, 2006
It was ok.
MissMorganLeee
½ August 28, 2006
seen it waaaaaay too many times
December 9, 2010
This is a Romantic Comedy that contains a predictable romance plot and is only occasionally funny. It's worth a matinee price at best, and I'd really recommend saving it for a rental. Better yet, just catch it when it eventually airs on TV.
If you're a teenage girl, a Mandy Moore fan, or someone who loves cute romantic comedies no matter how cheesy or predictable they are, then you'll probably enjoy this. If you're a guy, then please don't see this alone. If your significant other wants to see it, then make sure and tell her that she "owes you" and then quietly enjoy watching Mandy Moore for a couple of hours.
July 10, 2007
Chasing Liberty is a great movie, some parts are funny and some parts are serious. The cast was good and I liked the story line as well.
KevinTheMovieManiac
½ February 23, 2009
Yes I know this movie was toattaly cliche',but hear me out...This movie was so freaking entertaining to me! Never a dull moment for me. Mainly due to the very sexy Mandy Moore, I think I fell in love with her in this film lol. And the females get the charming Matthew Goods,not a bad trade I'm sure. As for the plot ,well...lets just say that its averge at best. Basically its about the President daughter (Mandy Moore) who cant go on a date without a million guards around her. So in oder to decive her the President sends secret agent ( Matthew Goode) to watch over her without giving away his idenity. So the whole movie is bascially them traveling through Europe much like a couple. I know I should be shammed for liking this! lol But I couldnt resit the chemistry that Goode and Moore shared on screen. Such eye candy in this film,most defentintly a guilty pleasure of mine. I admit that the plot has been seen sooo many times. In fact there is a very simialar movie out there called First Daughter, I have yet to see the film,but it looks like the same movie only with Katie Homes. Yikes I cant really come up with too many reasons as to why I liked this movie. I'm sure Many Moore fans will love it! As for the average male,most likely not,since this movie doesnt have that much to offer. I'm a little embrassed to say the least...
mingsysar
August 12, 2006
I love Matthew Goode and I love Mandy Moore, great premise, funny with excellent locations, what's not to like? Has to better than the Katie Holmes version, anyway...
iLeo
December 15, 2007
Interesting!
November 12, 2007
I saw this in theatres with a girlfriend....We're not together anymore.
roseypie
June 2, 2007
there's something annoying about mandy moore but for some reason, i still put up with watching her movies. one of those movies with a recycled plot. if you've seen first daughter, you can really see the resemblance.
December 4, 2011
Just a really sweet romantic comedy about how you can fall in love with anybody. I also just loved Weiss & Morales, and was so happy when they finally kissed. What can I say I love romance! :) Also Anna & Ben were just perfect :) I love it :) Such an amazing movie (: (:
October 15, 2010
Mandy Moore's character was a bit too stereotypically stupid/naive. But Ben Calder was very good, both in looks and acting.
May 20, 2007
Mandy Moore was a delight and Matthew Goode was so nice to look at, in this mind-candy teen-flick about the President's daughter getting some "ME" time without SS men in her face. Love watching Mark Harmon (Pres.) whatever he does!
February 16, 2009
Another of those movies my wife likes and I tend not to. I am not sure if these movies are made to be completely predictable, even down to situations and introduction of elements and conflict, but they are. Mandy Moore seems like she might have a future in acting, don?t know if she tries to sing anymore but maybe if she focused on acting she?d be alright. I loved her in Saved!. And why didn?t Mark Harmon become more popular? Oh well, still wasn?t worth the time.