—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Fuera de Carta (Chef's Special) Reviews

Rico Z

March 13, 2009
Think of it as the Spanish and Gay equivalent of Mostly Martha or No Reservations. Same plot, same twists and turns--just in Spanish and with a gay protagonist.

However, this movie does enjoy having a lighter structure and more droll situations.

Javier Camara (you'll remember him as the male nurse in Almodovar's 'Talk to Her') is outrageously funny without being too over-the-top. His performance is engaging and nuanced enough to provide diversion to the audience as well as depth to a character that could've become very boring and one-dimensional had it been played by an inferior actor.

I got to see this last night at the San Diego Latino Film Festival. It's definitely worth the extra effort trying to find a theater near you that may be playing this--or waiting for the DVD.
Sylvester K

March 2, 2012
One of the cutest, funniest film I've seen!! Javier Camara's performance was stunning. The script was really cleve, definitely a film worth watching for. The film consists of a simple outline with some elements to give the audience an uneasy feeling between the moral dilemmas that blended in with some comedy, it's a good film for mature audience.
barbalace
April 5, 2012
We started watching this movie and within 15 minutes I had to turn it off. The acting was horrible, the jokes were not funny and the hysterical yelling was unbearable.
logged81
January 18, 2010
Yes, it is cute. It is also very funny and smartly made. I laughed a lot, which is what a comedy is supposed to do. Watch it, gay or straight.
dredzag
October 22, 2009
A rather effeminate chef's life is turned upside down after the death of his ex wife. He is now a hands on father to his children he's tried to forget. To complicate matters further, a handsome soccer star moves next door but isnt out of the closet yet. Ok not the best Spanish movie Ive ever seen but it was fun.
July 19, 2012
Maso, me reĆ­ mucho con el personaje principal que se parece bastante a mi
July 15, 2012
Nice movie, with some problems in the plot, but also kinda funny.
July 14, 2012
Great Fotography in the movie, great acting, and it is a good developed comedy.
Sylvester K