Children on Their Birthdays - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Children on Their Birthdays Reviews

July 29, 2008
this movie has character. i love the detail, the actors personalities, & also I love that this story actually has a moral.
it is
extraordinarily original.
June 21, 2007
I love this movie! Lily Jane is a 13 year old who is more grown up in her manner then alot of adults are. She defends those that are in need, she tries to right the wrong, etc. but she is also just a little girl in the fact that she likes to play around as well. The girl Tania Raymonde plays her very well. She may not have the whole sothern accent down but thats cool because you can't expect her to be perfect. People say that she lip synced *spell check* very badly and I don't agree with this since I thought she was actually singing intill I read somewhere that it wasn't her singing. Oh well I still love the song. She does have a sort of muscular quality to her but that is good which means she can play a young southern lady or a butt kicking girl....lol will look good in a dress or pants. :) If you don't like it then you don't but those who read reviews don't let that be your review watch something first before you judge it.
April 18, 2005
CHARMING LITTLE FILM, NICELY ACTED BY SHERYE LEE DIAMOND. THE PERIOD FLAVOR OF THE 1940'S IS SO-SO, BUT THE STORY IS A GOOD AND INTERESTING ONE. NOTHING GREAT, BUT VERY WATCHABLE.
April 5, 2016
I really liked it. Great story and good moral.
December 31, 2013
Nice enough story, but the whole thing just is somehow lacking and forgettable.
½ January 28, 2007
Based on a true story this takes place in the 1940s in Alabama where a boy who's father was killed in the war has a new girl move in next door that touches the life of everyone in town. Enter into that one dirty rotten scheister who tries to rob the town of their savings. This screen-play is from Truman Capote's short-story by the same name but takes quite a few liberties in the changing of the story. Capote's book sticks more to the actual story about, "when everything seemed beautiful, like children on their birthdays". Very good performances by a large cast of children as well as by Tom Arnold who plays the flim-flam man.
July 29, 2008
it is
extraordinarily original.
June 4, 2008
I loved this movie.I liked when the children went looking for the con artists and the tied one of them on the back of a tow truck and the other was locked in the trunk of a car. Hilarious. Anyways that little girl was talent and a little too dramatic (lol) but played a wonderful role in the movie.:)Still don't have a clue why the movie is given that name. oh well...
½ March 3, 2008
nice story...great personality
January 9, 2008
I loved everything about this movie: The reflection on 1950s small town America, the mesmerising performance of Raymonde, the relationship changes between the young lads as they compete over her etc etc.
October 9, 2007
Just like Children of the Corn, but completely opposite. Tania Raymonde is brilliant as the all too grown up Lilly Jane. Her performance alone is mesmerizing, but there is much more to this movie than her.
½ October 5, 2007
SO cute and funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 3, 2007
Good story and good actors.
July 9, 2007
The young girl in this movie reminded me of myself when young -- very idealistic. Bernard even thinks we resemble each other in looks. (smile)
June 21, 2007
June 20, 2007
Pretty good. Nice characters, good story. Ending a little disappointingly happy, which is odd coming from a Capote story. But maybe the book is different. I liked it though. Good family film. Tania Raymonde was amazing.
August 9, 2006
OMG!!! THIS MOVIE WAS SO GOOD!!!
April 18, 2005