69% Hercules Jul 25

Christmas Child Reviews

bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

November 19, 2010
And Number 6 is a Christmas Child. Don't see many guys reviewing this film, why? Is it a chick flick, I don't think so, Myself I think its a wonderful Family film that can be watch by all. Jack is a reporter who goes to Texas to do a story on a women who just won the lottery, but while there he starts a search for his birth parents, so now sets the scene for the rest of the Christmas Child. Great for this time of the season. 6 down 24 to go, and on my way I have to give this one 5 stars.
December 5, 2011
This is a fair, family friendly tale with a bittersweet ending. The acting left a little bit to be desired in places, but it was worth the watch. My favorite part was 4 Runner singing at the Christmas show.
moviegirl50
December 25, 2009
Caught this on TV and it was good...I'd like to see it again when I can give it my undivided attention!
JesusOnlyKnows19
September 22, 2006
This is an excellent movie. Having a Christian singer Steven Curtis Chapman on the bonus track. And in the movie. It was an excellent movie. It also offered hope and I just loved it and I rate it 5 stars.
mercy4all
January 13, 2010
A nice little surprise. I probably would have never heard of this movie, if it weren't for my friend Bethany who brought it over last night for a viewing. The movie was a Christmas tale that had some flaws but over all was enjoyable, and brought a few tears to my eyes. If you love Christmas movies, and don't mind a little Christian evangelizing, you should like this movie.
Don R.
December 6, 2008
I was ready for a spiritual high or a heart warming message about Christmas, but, what I got was a story with great potential, which also left me puzzled about just what happened. I finished the movie with these questions in mind... Who the were the boys in the picture at which "Jack" kept looking? There was a fair resemblance in appearance between "Jack" and the "Reverend" and I expected the search for his parents to include the idea that the boys in the picture were seperated at birth and found each other with the arrival of "Jack" in the small Texas town of Sweetwater. But noooooo... it never happened. Why was the sheriff such a pain? Was he the father? Why did the Judge at first say that he could not help and then did help? Now "Jack" was going to Dallas, how did he decide to go to Clearwater? A premonition? Why didn't the wife tell the jerk husband who insisted on working Christmas Eve, that she was preqnant BEFORE he left for Texas?..instead of after? OK, the wood carver was going to become the great-grandfather, so why all the mystery who the father was? Great acting by Meg Fellows, the lady inn keeper, the sheriff and the archives christmas lady. But why did the black lady be-friend the journalist from Chicago? Unreal. Sorry, I like my fiction to be a little reaslistic or within the realm of possibility. This was neither. There were too many happy people bending over backwards to help a Yankee out-of-towner.
I did like the southern drawl which added some realism to the movie. Yes, Max Lucado is living in Texas, so I understand him choosing Texas as the setting for the search.
This was my least favorite story by Max Lucado.
jazza923
January 20, 2008
Heartwarming but also a little too schmaltzy. The acting is fair. It means well, but it just doesn't convince or completely work.